Top MP3 Player Alternatives: Affordable and High-Quality Options

• Thread starter pergradus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a good MP3 player that is not over-priced like Ipods. The speakers recommend alternatives such as the SanDisk Sansa Clip, Creative Zen, Phillips GoGear Ariaz, Sony, Creative, and Microsoft Zune. The main criteria for a good MP3 player are good capacity, easy interface, and a decent LCD display. The conversation also mentions the desire for a small implantable chip that can hold a large number of songs and directly transmit them into the brain.
pergradus
I'd like a good MP3 player, but I think Ipods are over-priced. What are some good alternatives out there, that have good capacity, easy interface and the LCD display isn't complete crap?

Computer science news on Phys.org
What's your budget?

And your space requirement?

Imo, full sized mp3 players are just about fully obsolete. I see the ipod touch, which is basically a phoneless iphone, as a reflection of that.

Creative Zen

I have to second the SanDisk Sansa Clip. I have one and absolutely love it.

I have the Sansa with no regrets. The only problem is the "recently added" doesn't update for some reason. I could probably figure it out if I bothered, but I don't care enough.

Do we have a small implantable chip which will hold 500,000 songs and can transmit them directly into my brain yet? If not, I'm holding out until then!

But seriously, there are different models of Ipods which all have different prices. Did you have a specific model in mind that you wanted another brand to be like? Like similar capacity, ability to play movies, ETC.

Do you have a consumer reports (online) subscription? The Phillips GoGear Ariaz players scored higher than any of the others, with the exception of Apple's products. Next in line are Sony, Creative, then the Microsoft Zune. All manufacturers have common storage capacities available: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB.

I was using cowon players but not listen with a mobile phone.

1. What are the top MP3 player alternatives currently on the market?

Some popular MP3 player alternatives include the SanDisk Clip Sport, Sony Walkman NW-A45, Apple iPod Touch, Fiio M7, and Cowon Plenue D2.

2. Are these alternatives more affordable than traditional MP3 players?

Yes, these alternatives are generally more affordable than traditional MP3 players. They offer similar features and quality at a lower price point.

3. Do these alternatives sacrifice quality for affordability?

No, these alternatives are known for their high-quality sound and performance. They often use advanced technology and materials to maintain their quality while keeping costs down.

4. How do these alternatives compare to well-known MP3 player brands?

Many of these alternatives offer similar features and quality to well-known brands, but at a lower price. However, it is important to research and read reviews to determine which alternative best fits your needs and preferences.

5. Are there any drawbacks to choosing an MP3 player alternative?

One potential drawback is that these alternatives may not have the same brand recognition or customer support as well-known MP3 player brands. Additionally, they may not have as wide of a selection of accessories or compatibility with certain devices. However, many users have found these alternatives to be reliable and satisfactory for their music needs.