Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ippossible puzzle?

1. Apr 28, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2008 #2
  4. Apr 28, 2008 #3

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's pretty easy to prove that the the graph is non-planar. If you , for example, poke a hole in the paper then it's doable.

5. Apr 28, 2008 #4
    physics's bad, m'kay.

[​IMG]

(I swear that's the last picture joke today)

6. Apr 28, 2008 #5
    What these mathematicians are saying is that it is easily provable that the problem is truly impossible. (unless you poke a hole through the paper)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  7. Apr 29, 2008 #6
    I knew right away that it would be this puzzle. The guy in the video explains it so slowly and has some story of houses and utilities when all he needs to say is boxes and circles. ridiculous

8. Apr 29, 2008 #7
    You don't understand. If you somehow mixed the gas pipe with the electricity, the whole block would explode.

I hope you don't want to become an engineer.

9. Apr 29, 2008 #8

I didn't even listen to his whole story so that is out of the question. I'm simply stating that it is pointless to add a stupid little story to this puzzle. And how slow and precisely he tries to teach it like were all a bunch of Neanderthals. Keeping it as circles and boxes and lines that don't touch simplifies everything just as an engineer would.

10. Apr 29, 2008 #9
    looks like poop-loops was just showed up.

11. May 4, 2008 #10
    Here's a solution for the problem

[​IMG]

12. May 4, 2008 #11
    3 has no G

13. May 4, 2008 #12
    I like how you have to assume that houses are two dimensional squares in order to do the puzzle.

14. May 4, 2008 #13

It doesn't need it....

about one out of every three new houses are all electric now

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?