High IQ & the Universe: Perceiving Patterns & Cycles

• Thread starter ouchparadoxhurts
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iq Universe
In summary, the conversation discusses whether a person with a high IQ can perceive the universe more accurately than an average person. The speaker believes that they can see the patterns and cycles of energy and understand the origins of humanity, but also argues against the existence of a god. Another person disagrees and suggests that the speaker may be experiencing mania or early schizophrenia. The conversation also touches on the limitations of IQ tests and the potential for intelligent people to construct arguments to support their own biases.
ouchparadoxhurts
If a person has a really high IQ, is a super-genius, doesn't it stand to reason that that person can perceive the universe for what it is more than an average person? i feel like i can see the universe for what it is...patterns...cycles...of energy. i can see what humans are...where they came from...where they going... from the cycles and patterns. there can't be a god ,because everything is equally unresponsible for its own existence. plus every culture has its own god...so its clearly just an attribute of a culture. hmmm...what else are people confused about? I'm sure i can explain anything. just got to be open-minded and perceptive.

Space news on Phys.org
ouchparadoxhurts said:
If a person has a really high IQ, is a super-genius, doesn't it stand to reason that that person can perceive the universe for what it is more than an average person? i feel like i can see the universe for what it is...patterns...cycles...of energy. i can see what humans are...where they came from...where they going... from the cycles and patterns. there can't be a god ,because everything is equally unresponsible for its own existence. plus every culture has its own god...so its clearly just an attribute of a culture. hmmm...what else are people confused about? I'm sure i can explain anything. just got to be open-minded and perceptive.

Can you explain how you got to be such a self-promoting egotist?

I'm afraid high IQ people are smart enougn not to really talk about what their perception of the universe is.

I find it insulting to humanity and the universe (if possible to insult something like this) that you could sum up everything in such a short post of ellipses. You really claim to be able to see the universe "for what it is" based on being open minded?

ouchparadoxhurts said:
plus every culture has its own god...so its clearly just an attribute of a culture.
Every culture has another word for water, so clearly water is just an attribute of culture. There seems to be a flaw in ur reasoning...

In my experience, a more accurate formulation might be:

The more intelligent a person is, the more likely is he to notice fundamental flaws in his own reasoning, and less likely to think he can really explain anything at all to ultimate satisfaction. To think one has all the answers is therefore a sign of an unfortunate mix of low intelligence and high ego.

Isn't IQ biased? I mean if you give the standard IQ test to a tribal fellow from an African tribe...it would classify him "way below". However, he is able to survive through "tribal" areas on "his tribal" instincts.

I know IQ tests are biased...so I don't understand why people still base their intelligent on tests that are biased.

The IQ test involving patterns...I believe that it's "acquired". My opinion is that all patterns are acquired at some point even though current documentation says that it is not.

How can anyone compare someone's IQ to the entire god damn universe? You might end up being superior if you'll be completely elevated from us all, not subject to the same physical laws or being absolutely omnipotent and be able to, for example, live the life of every one of us as if it was your own (hard to imagine, but you get my point).

Just because one is smarter doesn't make him superior to anyone, and especially to the universe itself (and there can be no exceptions here).

ouchparadoxhurts said:
i feel like i can see the universe for what it is...patterns...cycles...of energy. i can see what humans are...where they came from...where they going... from the cycles and patterns
I once had such thoughts, but as it turns out I was just high on DXM.

*moves to close this thread*

Components of intelligence
Component tests are generally designed and selected because they are found to be predictive of later intellectual development, such as educational achievement. IQ also correlates with job performance, socioeconomic advancement, and "social pathologies". Recent work has demonstrated links between IQ and health, longevity, and functional literacy. However, IQ tests do not measure all meanings of "intelligence", such as creativity. IQ scores are relative (like placement in a race), not absolute (like the measurement of a ruler).

ouchparadoxhurts said:

More plausible explanations for your perceptions are mania or possibly early schizophrenia. Seek help.

Last edited:
This obviously is going nowhere, but a rule of thumb I try to keep in mind is that very intelligent people are much better at constructing arguments to convince themselves of the truth of their own biases and delusions. That does not mean they are any closer to the truth.

1. What is the relationship between high IQ and perceiving patterns and cycles in the universe?

High IQ individuals tend to have a greater ability to recognize and understand patterns and cycles in the universe. This can be attributed to their advanced cognitive abilities, which allow them to process and analyze complex information more efficiently.

2. How does perceiving patterns and cycles in the universe contribute to a better understanding of the world?

By recognizing and understanding patterns and cycles in the universe, we can gain insights into how the world works and make predictions about future events. This can lead to advancements in science, technology, and other fields of study.

3. Is there a genetic component to having a high IQ and perceiving patterns and cycles in the universe?

While there is evidence that genetics can play a role in intelligence and cognitive abilities, there is no direct link between genetics and the ability to perceive patterns and cycles in the universe. Environmental factors such as education, exposure to new ideas, and personal experiences also play a significant role.

4. Can someone with a lower IQ still perceive patterns and cycles in the universe?

Yes, individuals with lower IQs can still have the ability to perceive patterns and cycles in the universe. While high IQ may make it easier to recognize and understand complex patterns, it is not a determining factor in an individual's ability to perceive them.

5. How does the study of patterns and cycles in the universe contribute to our understanding of the concept of time?

Studying patterns and cycles in the universe can provide insight into the concept of time and how it relates to the natural world. By observing patterns in celestial bodies and natural phenomena, we can better understand the concept of time as a cyclical and ever-changing force.