Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IQ Correlation to Success

1. Aug 20, 2010 #1
    So there was a thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=2847138#post2847138 about IQ and being successful that I think is an interesting topic and is worthy of discussion so I thought I'd start a new thread here.

The reason for doing so is that I was recently reading Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers wherein one of the chapters he uses some recent and previous studies and discusses that idea that after a certain point the correlation between IQ and being successful in terms of a subject diverges. That is to say that there is some threshold. Gladwell quotes "Knowledge of a boy's IQ is of little help if you are faced with a formful of clever boys". This is of course analyzing the situation for the view-point that an IQ is a reliable measure of intelligence.

Any thoughts?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2010 #2

Staff: Mentor

Reopening closed threads is not allowed. We've had so many of these threads that I do not see how another is needed.

You can google threads on IQ that have been posted here if you are curious about the consensus of people on this forum.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook