Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IQ Test Questions

1. Oct 19, 2009 #1
    These are some questions that I found on an online test.

3. 25syjy1.jpg

5. 28usrk2.jpg

9. wtziu1.jpg

11. 2z4051d.jpg

For three, I believe that the answer is A, since both of the other shapes have a large, medium, and small version.

A again for five, since each of the first two cells in every row total the same as the last one. I don't know if there is a method for placing the beads though.

D for 9, although I don't know why each dark blue counter is moving the way it is.

A for 11, since it is the only one with 6 marbles. And, again, I do not know the rules of movement for these pieces.

Any clarification upon these problems would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2009 #2
    I would possibly go for A for 9 because the row with alternate colours seems to be cycling through the rows from row1 -> row3 -> row2 -> row1 (where 1 is the top row) and changing colour each time. But then again the other pictures all have 4 purples and 5 blues so A doesn't really fit into that, going by that D would be the only choice that has 4 purple and 5 blues.

4. Oct 20, 2009 #3

Hepth

Gold Member

I get A A D A:

1) A Only big triangle not used.
    2) A 5+4=9
    3) D Conservation of Color Charge
    4) A 3 balls 4 balls 5 balls !6! balls

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook