Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IQ tests

1. Sep 23, 2004 #1
    Damn i hate IQ tests, aparently im in the top 0.5% IQ of people my age (15)
    Well that makes no sense, because it takes me about 3 weeks to write a 1000 word essay, and alot of people i know my age can do that in an hour. These things are so in accurate, does anyone actually believe the give a good indication of a persons intelligence?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2004 #2
    Oooh man, forget about them stupid IQ tests. One test will give you the result of being a genius and another test will proclaim that you are retarded...Don't pay too much attention to these results and do the tests just for fun!!!

trust me You are no genius just because some test states that you are in the top 0.5% of people of your age.

Did you write a symphony that is internationally applauded for?
    Did you invent some machinery that is internationally used ?
    Did you paint a billion-dollar painting ?
    Did you win a Nobel Prize ???

No, ??? I thought so
    Conclusion, let's be realistic the chances of you being a genius are as much as me being the reïncarnation of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or Albert Einstein.

regards
    marlon, who is NO genius...although some IQ test said I was :wink:

4. Sep 23, 2004 #3
    A friend of mine use to find another logical proposition. Now, that makes IQ tests funny :rolleyes:

5. Sep 23, 2004 #4
    hehe, IQs test are just a general test of your intellegience, the more you know the better you do, they through in question like who is Coppernicus,
    like Marlon said, i aint no genius cause a test said so, beside being able to write 1000 word essay in 2 hour doesnt make you a genius either

6. Sep 23, 2004 #5
    Mozart wrote his Zauberflöte in two weeks time (an entire opera) and Beethoven took several years to complete his 9th symphony. Yet they were both geniusses.

Time is not a criterium to decide who is a genius and who is not. It does not take a genius to see that, just look at me with my IQ between 98 and 156 :wink:

marlon

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  7. Sep 23, 2004 #6
    IQ tests aren't yust inaccuret they are eval :devil: . I didn't get a scholership becouse of an IQ test but now after 4 years I'm one of the best in my class and one of few without a scholership.

8. Sep 25, 2004 #7
    WHEN DID I SAY I WAS A GENIUS, I WAS DISAGREEING WITH THE IDEA THAT IT WAS SUGGESTED I WAS!

Did you invent some machinery that is internationally used ?
    Did you paint a billion-dollar painting ?

Very un intelligent people have done that
    Painting is to do with personal opinion, and what art critics say.

9. Sep 25, 2004 #8
    ok you totaly got what he was saying the wrong way, maybe you should reread in a different tone to understand better

10. Sep 25, 2004 #9
    indeed I WISH I WAS SMART.

You are the true genius here...

marlon, le voisin de Jean Marie Pfaff...

11. Sep 25, 2004 #10

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"Can't buy me love, love, can't buy me love! [...] I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love!" (who sang that, John? or Paul?)

What can IQ buy you? What would you like to have? Can money or love (or IQ) get it for you?

Life is short; be happy (physics is all you need) :smile:

12. Sep 25, 2004 #11
    thanks marlon, although i am no genius, i do accept the complement

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?