Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Iran calls for Israel's destruction

1. Oct 26, 2005 #1

Staff: Mentor

The nice thing about terrorists is you can always trust them to come right out and say what they want. Since they have no sense of morality, they don't attempt to hide their true intentions.

Too bad, though - I thought Iran was starting to moderate.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ahmadi-nejad's hardline anti-zionist philosophy is well-known. In fact this was why he won the recent elections by an overwhelming majority. It suggests that his ideas are shared by a majority of the population.

Russ, did you just call him a terrorist ?
  4. Oct 26, 2005 #3
    That's kinda ridiculous to say they don't have a sense of morality. Their sense of morality is way different than ours, for sure, but they certainly believe in right and wrong, good and evil, etc. They don't hide their true intentions because they think calling for Isreal to be wiped off the map is highly righteous.

Just cause we think they're bastards, doesn't mean they think they're bastards. To them, Allah is surely on their side.
  5. Oct 26, 2005 #4
    Bush called Sharon as “man of peace”. Most of people in ME think that Bush is a bastard because he said that about Sharon.

Israel and Zionism in the eyes of majority of Middle Eastern nations are considered as long term colonial project which was established by western countries based on religious-racist factors.

Israel should work hard to prove that they really want peace. The first step they need to do in this direction is to give the Palestinian part of Palestine according to UN resolutions, and then they should stop support Bush and his violent plans against the Islamic world.

I do not agree with the comments of Najjad , but surely the Zionists who are responsible about the mistrust, it is enough to check the background of what called neo-conservatives and those who asking for clash between civilizations.
  6. Oct 26, 2005 #5
    And those who hide their true intentions (Bu-a****! - excuse me) have a sense of morality?
  7. Oct 26, 2005 #6
    :rofl: :rofl:
  8. Oct 26, 2005 #7
    Arrogance? :uhh: I really wish that our President didn't resemble that remark.

I don't believe that this is the first time, the leader of Iran has expressed these or similar sentiments towards Israel. But it comes now at an inopportune time.

If the White house starts spinning for war I am afraid they will spin to justify strategic nukes. There is no way that we can afford to occupy Iran. We simply do not have the men or the money to do an Iraq style invasion and occupation. Not and keep war from becoming to personal and inconvenient.
    Condi alluded to some grand strategy with her latest version of the reasoning for invading Iraq. They have a plan, I wish I knew what it was, because I really don't trust these people.

I have been involved in enough projects to know that if you have stupid people in charge, when things start to go wrong (and they always do) the people in charge become desperate and sometimes irrational. Bush is a bully, when stressed bullies want to hurt someone or something.

All the pieces are in place, Rummy in charge of defense, Condi in charge of war, and John Bolton our face of diplomacy to the rest of the world.

This is troubling;
    Hey, we have 135,000 troops right next door.

Our troops are are close enough for shorter range missiles.

How accurate do you have to be with a nuke?

Are we gonna nuke them before they nuke us?
  9. Oct 26, 2005 #8
    There are a few better explanations why Ahmedinajad was elected.
  10. Oct 26, 2005 #9

Staff: Mentor

For any idea to be valid, whether a scientific or philosophical, it must be internally consistent. For a person to claim to be nonviolent, while concurrently calling for the destruction of a people, is a self-contradiction.

Perhaps "sense of morality" was too loose of a phrase: they certainly have an idea in their heads of what morality is, but that doesn't make it a functional moral theory.
  11. Oct 26, 2005 #10

I am sure somewhere in the ME there is an Islamic Russ Watters who makes identical claims with regard to his perception of the U.S. and it's lack of a functional moral theory.

One's point of view or 'sense of morality' depends entirely on one's frame of reference. 'One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter'
  12. Oct 26, 2005 #11
    The saddest part of an attack against Iran is that innocent people will be the ones to suffer and die. The Iranian people are not our enemy yet because of our governments they will eventually pay an enormous price.

I wonder what Condi had in mind for Iran in their talks about reshaping the ME?:rolleyes:
  13. Oct 26, 2005 #12

Gold Member

I agree the puppeteers have the strings tangled and the puppet isn't dancing very well. They can't use their usual strategies to circumvent congress and the American people, what ever they may want to do. This may be good news (though like you I don't trust anything they say):

"Bush administration drops ‘bunker buster’ plan
    Plan will now focus on a similar device using nonnuclear technology"

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict (which has been going on for over half a century now) makes me think of two kids in a fight, with one yelling how the other hit him first, and the other yelling that the other hit him harder. And then someone intervenes, but unfortunately takes sides, and before you know it the whole world is sucked into the conflict. I say we build a wall around the disputed territories so the rest of us can get a little peace and quiet.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  14. Oct 26, 2005 #13

To follow on from my earlier post re moral perspectives, many people around the world find this US administration's fixation on being allowed to torture people morally repugnant.
  15. Oct 26, 2005 #14
    Russ, just out of curiosity, what is your position on abortion? Why? Now, what is your position on the death penalty?
  16. Oct 26, 2005 #15
    He's in favour of both, I'm pretty sure.
  17. Oct 26, 2005 #16
    I'd also state that they originally called for the dismantling of the state and have put various forms of censure through the UN but, because of the US veto, none of it has made it through.

When the democratic process is circumvented like this, revolution is often the last recourse.

We have seen and ignored the legal process of change in the middle east since Israel was created.

It has been interfered with numerous times by vetos that aborted a vote in the 100's to 1 or 2.

How long did we think that this type of bias would carry before a revolt?

Yes we like to demonize what we see in the ME but rarely look to our own actions as to why it is happening.
  18. Oct 26, 2005 #17
    In the end either the USA or Israel will end up dropping neutron bombs on Iran. Only China can stop us.
  19. Oct 26, 2005 #18
    Oh, well there goes that argument. :frown: Russ, I'm sorry if I offended you by assuming that you were aligned with the typical Republican belief.

Having said that, there are many logical inconsistencies in most peoples' moral systems in this country, just as in Iran. Most liberals are pro-abortion and anti-death penalty, while most conservatives are anti-abortion and pro-death penalty. IMO, both of these views are internally inconsistent, because both sides essentially argue reason for one of their POVs, and the sanctity of life for the other.
  20. Oct 26, 2005 #19
    They are motivated too because they just signed a multi-billion dollar agreement with Iran for the supply of oil.

(Which the US government has defined as a strategic comodity)
  21. Oct 26, 2005 #20
    LOL!! The CIA is exempt?! Who'd have thought?!
    Do you really think that the CIA strictly follows the law when they have an officially titled "Department of Clandestine Operations"?:rolleyes:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?