Iranian Nuclear Weapons

• News
  • Thread starter Jobrag
  • Start date
russ_watters
Mentor
Bob, please explain how the opinion of a crackpot, selling a book has any relevance here. I know US history: what is your point?

mheslep
Gold Member
Since you say the world is our beat to be policed, does the below article describe how the US Foreign Policy manifests "Our Moral Imperative"?

“We came, we saw, we destroyed, we forgot | Foreign Policy Journal
The Anti-Empire Report, by William Blum July 29, 2011

An updated summary of the charming record of US foreign policy. Since the end of the Second World War, the United States of America has …

• Attempted to overthrow more than 50 governments,...
France? Didn't that give you pause? I'm curious, why are you inclined to take those sources as historical? Here's another article elsewhere from the "owner, editor, and webmaster" (Hammond) of "Foreign Policy Journal": Architects & Engineers For 9/11 Truth

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Is everyone who disagrees with your version of events necessarily a crackpot? What is it _specifically_ about that site that you dislike so that has led you to reject it wholesale? I don't agree with everything there, but they do allow for debate and do offer evidence for their claims.

Last edited:
PAllen
Science Advisor
2019 Award
Is everyone who disagrees with your version of events necessarily a crackpot? What is it _specifically_ about that site that you dislike so that has led you to reject it wholesale? I don't agree with everything there, but they do allow for debate and do offer evidence for their claims.

Moreover, mhslep, you are quoting Reagan, whom so moderately said something to the effect that the most dangerous words one can hear are: I'm from

the government and I'm here to help--hardly a thoughtful statement-- from a lightweight thinker. Should we then, on these grounds alone of your quote,dismiss everything

you say?
Crackpot is a style of (not) thinking, sloppy evidence. In world affairs, one sign is subscribing to any and all 'theories' sharing a common target, irrespective of their mutual consistency.

Note, I have enormous disagreements with US policy, and share many 'sympathies' with this site, but agree with Russ Waters that it is a complete garbage site as to reliable information.

In any case, all this is a distraction from this thread. Some key points are that while nuclear nonproliferation treaty has many logical flaws, and hypocritical elements, no country has to sign it. Further, if one is interested in enriching uranium only for research reactors, why be duplicitous about it? I can't say I know for sure Iran's intent, but I would say their actions are fairly well optimized to arouse suspicion.

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Crackpot is a style of (not) thinking, sloppy evidence. In world affairs, one sign is subscribing to any and all 'theories' sharing a common target, irrespective of their mutual consistency.

Note, I have enormous disagreements with US policy, and share many 'sympathies' with this site, but agree with Russ Waters that it is a complete garbage site as to reliable information.

In any case, all this is a distraction from this thread. Some key points are that while nuclear nonproliferation treaty has many logical flaws, and hypocritical elements, no country has to sign it. Further, if one is interested in enriching uranium only for research reactors, why be duplicitous about it? I can't say I know for sure Iran's intent, but I would say their actions are fairly well optimized to arouse suspicion.
O.K, that sounds more reasonable; I will check the site again to see.

Bobbywhy
Gold Member
I committed a serious error by using the article by William Blum to make my point. I did so without checking on his veracity and or reliability. After a little research I discovered that he is largely an exaggerator, sensationalist, conspiracy theory promoter, and is probably motivated only by increasing his own book sales. I apologise, and promise to be more attentive to the credibility of sources in future.

Since the topic of this thread is the Iranian nuclear weapons and this discussion of American foreign policy is clearly off topic. I discovered plenty of credible sources of information to bolster my viewpoint, so I don’t need guys like Blum anyway. I refer those who are interested in continuing this civil dialog to a new thread I am working on now which will be titled “Is a Moral Imperative justification for the USA to police the world?”

Regards,
Bobbywhy