Iran's defense minister is thinking of taking Bush's lead.

In summary: The Taliban kicked out the Soviets, but that was with training and arming from Reagan, so I don't know if that counted.And Saddam took Kuwait...I'm not sure what you're getting at. Is there a specific war or battle you're trying to refer to?I'm not sure what you're getting at. Is there a specific war or battle you're trying to refer to?
wasteofo2
Apparently, Iran's defense minister is a fan of this preemptive war stuff, and figures that if using preemptive war is good enough for the USA, that it would be good enough for Iran, and is thinking of preemptively attacking Isreal, specifically their nuclear facilities. Also, due to American presence in neighboring Iraq, he's beginning to think that the USA might pose some sort of threat and attack the US in some way.

I heard this on Air America, so take it as you will. Some will say the fact that no one else is reporting it shows the media sucks and is leaning to the right, some will say that this shows the story is unfounded, take your pick.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lol, I think that is why Israel was developing second strike capabilities. I haven't heard anything about Israel's nuclear sub in a quite awhile but...Iran might want to tread softly.

Also, he's been attacking the U.S., in Iraq...where have you been?

kat said:
Lol, I think that is why Israel was developing second strike capabilities. I haven't heard anything about Israel's nuclear sub in a quite awhile but...Iran might want to tread softly.

Also, he's been attacking the U.S., in Iraq...where have you been?

Oh man, that's great, Iran thinking of attacking Isreal gets a "Lol", I love it! :rofl:

Anyway, are you serious about attacking the US? The Iranian defense minister has ordered Iranian soldiers to go and fight against the USA in Iraq? I knew that Iranians were traveling to Iraq to fight Americans, but didn't think it was a govt. policy...

wasteofo2 said:
Oh man, that's great, Iran thinking of attacking Isreal gets a "Lol", I love it! :rofl:
Naw, I'm not laughing at that. I'm laughing because it's typical Iranian bluster. I am sure they realize that Israel was intent on creating 2nd strike abilities in the form of a nuclear submarine. The world may not remember, or even uphold the "never again" credo, but you better believe Israel does.

Anyway, are you serious about attacking the US? The Iranian defense minister has ordered Iranian soldiers to go and fight against the USA in Iraq? I knew that Iranians were traveling to Iraq to fight Americans, but didn't think it was a govt. policy...
Just because it's not public policy, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That was a somewhat off the cuff remark but..I don't believe people are leaving Iran to fight in Iraq without government aproval.

kat said:
Naw, I'm not laughing at that. I'm laughing because it's typical Iranian bluster. I am sure they realize that Israel was intent on creating 2nd strike abilities in the form of a nuclear submarine. The world may not remember, or even uphold the "never again" credo, but you better believe Israel does.

Just because it's not public policy, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That was a somewhat off the cuff remark but..I don't believe people are leaving Iran to fight in Iraq without government aproval.
Man, Isreal's so kickass, they just live where every country for thousands of miles wants to annihilate them and they kick everyone else's ass!

Ok, it's not public policy, but are you saying that Iran supports people going to fight Americans in the sense that they say "Go do your best!", or actually secretly trains/arms them?

wasteofo2 said:
Ok, it's not public policy, but are you saying that Iran supports people going to fight Americans in the sense that they say "Go do your best!", or actually secretly trains/arms them?
Oh, I'm saying they are training/arming and sending them.

Man, Isreal's so kickass, they just live where every country for thousands of miles wants to annihilate them and they kick everyone else's ass!

But look who they are fighting. As anyone from that region won a war (or even battle) since the glory days of the Ottoman Empire?

JohnDubYa said:
But look who they are fighting. As anyone from that region won a war (or even battle) since the glory days of the Ottoman Empire?
The Taliban kicked out the Soviets, but that was with training and arming from Reagan, so I don't know if that counted.

And Saddam took Kuwait...
For a few days...

JohnDubYa said:
Muslim entity in Lebanon, with the help of syria chased Israel and the United States out of Lebanon..Syria in effect won over the Christian factions of Lebanon and still occupies it.

I would not consider Afghanistan to be included in the region. And the Taliban didn't really kick out the Soviets — home economics went asunder and made the occupation of Afghanistan pointless.

I would hardly call America's involvement in Lebanon a war. If the United States had acted as if in a war against Syria, it would have driven the Syrian Army across Iraq and into the Persian Gulf.

wasteofo2 said:
Apparently, Iran's defense minister is a fan of this preemptive war stuff, and figures that if using preemptive war is good enough for the USA, that it would be good enough for Iran, and is thinking of preemptively attacking Isreal, specifically their nuclear facilities. Also, due to American presence in neighboring Iraq, he's beginning to think that the USA might pose some sort of threat and attack the US in some way.

I heard this on Air America, so take it as you will. Some will say the fact that no one else is reporting it shows the media sucks and is leaning to the right, some will say that this shows the story is unfounded, take your pick.

I wonder what would happen if we just all condemned Iran for these words. Oh wait, we must blame Bush again to escalate things further.

JD-You said battle or war...and Syria certainly still occupies Lebanon.

Last edited:
JD-You said battle or war...and Syria certainly still occupies Lebanon.

Fine, but if anything your example proves my point -- Syria defeated Israel, but the whole point of my post was that the Israelis are overrated.

1. What does it mean for Iran's defense minister to "take Bush's lead"?

It means that Iran's defense minister is considering using tactics or strategies similar to those used by former US President George W. Bush.

2. Why would Iran's defense minister want to take Bush's lead?

It is likely that Iran's defense minister believes that Bush's tactics were effective in achieving his goals and wants to replicate that success in Iran's defense strategies.

3. What impact could this decision have on Iran's defense?

If Iran's defense minister does indeed take Bush's lead, it could potentially lead to changes in Iran's defense policies and strategies. This could also affect their relationships with other countries, particularly the US.

4. Has Iran's defense minister made any official statements regarding this decision?

There is currently no official statement from Iran's defense minister regarding taking Bush's lead. This information is based on speculation and should be treated as such until an official statement is made.

5. Are there any potential risks or consequences for Iran if they do take Bush's lead?

It is difficult to determine the potential risks or consequences without knowing specifically which tactics or strategies Iran's defense minister is considering. However, any major changes in defense policies could have political, economic, and military implications for Iran.