Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Iraq abuse

1. May 15, 2004 #1
    have u guys seen the pictures? if u havent then here take a look....

http://joevialls.altermedia.info/myahudi/rape.html

what is this disgusting **** the soldiers are doin to the iraq's?......making them have homosexual sex with eachother......making them masterbait infront of female soldiers?.....raping iraqi women?......and everyone goes nuts when someone gets his head cut off on tape, when the US in iraq has probably done worse to iraq's , like come on, everyone on this board knows that this US adminstration is crooked, and wrong, and if BUSH gets re-elected then everything will just get worse, so think about this when ur voting soon

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

What was done to humiliate the Iraqi prisoners was wrong and those involved are being punished. There is no way anyone can say that beheading a civilian is even near the same thing.

4. May 16, 2004 #3
    wat's a stress position??

5. May 16, 2004 #4
    I assume that you have all heard and seen the pictures of the British troops torturing the Iraqi detainees, well just yeserday the Mirror (british tabloid) made an apolagy for publishing photographs of so called british soldiers torturing Iraqi prisoners. They caused outrage in the UK with those pictures, and it turns out that those pictures had never come from iraq but from somewhere in preston, who's to say that this isnt the same scenario as to whats supposedly happened with the US soldiers?

6. May 16, 2004 #5
    omg .. those innocent people ...

*too shocked to say more*

7. May 16, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

Yeah, and if ANY British soldiers are harmed in response to the fake pictures then the Mirror will be taken to court for "endangering the populace" or something.

8. May 17, 2004 #7
    War is hell.
    I wouldn't do what was done to those prisoners though. I'm meaner than that. I remember 9-11 and would have nuked Afganistan and would do whatever it takes to get information out of the prisoners.
    As far as the Geneva Code is concerned, they don't follow it, and I didn't sign it.
    Then again, I don't believe in torture just for torture's sake. I wouldn't waste my time with it unless I was getting something out of it. If however I thought a prisoner knew something I needed to know, you better believe he'd be begging for the battery cable to the the testicles. I wouldn't enjoy doing it, but I'd do it.
    As far as the jailers are concerned, lock them up and throw away the key. Simply because of their sheer stupidity. Posing for pictures with those big goofy grins on their face they are an embarassment to their country and their species.

9. May 17, 2004 #8
    People like u scare me Tribdog. :frown: no human being deserves the torture whihc those iraqi prisoners are going through..., its absolutely disgusting.

10. May 17, 2004 #9
    as disgusting as flying an airplane into a building?
    as disgusting as strapping a bomb to a child?
    listen I don't agree with this torture on the pictures. It doesn't seem to be accomplishing anything, therefore it is wrong.
    But, IF information that can save lives is being "shamed" out of these prisoners, then I say mission accomplished keep up the good work, and shove a pineapple up an anus for me.

11. May 17, 2004 #10
    You wouldnt need to fish for information if u guyz hadnt screwed with the Iraqi people in the first place. yeah ok 9/11 was a tragedy, but I doubt wot happened In the US is as half as bad as what the Iraqi people are going through right now. Even if u guyz do get information on possible terrorist attacks do u honestly believe that they are going to just give up and stop??? your soldiers have killed their sons,fathers, raped their daughters and mothers... I understand their anger.

12. May 17, 2004 #11
    Read a few books, watch a few documentaries, look into history from moderate sources and not the overdramatic hype of the US media, and listen to the people and not some supposedly educated Stanford graduate who was taught from the CNN Encyclopedia about History.
    These atrocities such as rape is what has happened in War since mankind decided to write and communicate. This is nothing new.
    This is just a reflection of a darker side of mankind and much more primative side.
    If you actually analyze the events the United States Government has been involved with in regards to the Middle East in General and how it ties into Russia then you'll see why no country there trusts us nor wants any part of us. Once Proclaimed Freedom Fighters due to fighting off the former Soviet Union are now proclaimed Terrorists.
    In retaliation we destroy them, their civilians, and they destroy ours.
    Wow, in our modern world of education and communication there is still this thorn in the side of Mankind called War and it's consequences can be read about through History since History seems to repeat itself.
    Rape, taking your enemies goods for your own empire, torture, beheadings, and all atrocities use to be common place through society.
    Wasn't the USA formed by terrorists by todays standards?
    Or were they freedom fighters?
    Only time can tell.
    Right now it seems the US Troops are being commanded by psychos who ordered them to commit those atrocities.
    The worst part is the troops seemed to enjoy it.
    So who truely is the terrorist here?
    If the USA was invaded by another stronger country would it's citizens not react as the Iraqi's are reacting?
    It's hard to look in the mirrior for anyone, esepcially when what they see they do not like.
    None of these violent acts are correct on either side because each side can justify their actions.
    The question is, can the USA get over itself and admit to loosing an unnecessary war or do they have to loose more citizens and more troops to this war.
    Take a lesson from the British and leave that country alone as they left the USA alone a long time ago.
    That may at least give both sides a good time for reflection.

-=|peace|=-

13. May 17, 2004 #12
    I get wot ure saying memnoch, but i have watched documentaries, and video footage shown by students in my university who went to Iraq. After seeing those pictures in the link i cant help but take sides. yes this is war, and terrible things do happen in war... but seeing those soldiers raping that woman makes me sooooo bloody angry. I believe that it is now those bastard US soldiers who are the terrorists.

14. May 17, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

How about what happened to the SAS patrol that went into Iraq in the first Gulf War?? Anyone read Bravo Two Zero?

The Iraqi torture methods arent that pleasant either... branding the captives or burning them with cigarette butts, pulling out fingernails and toenails and in some extreme cases, cutting off body parts with a chainsaw just to get people to talk.

15. May 17, 2004 #14
    tribdog......look at those pictures...does it look like their tryin to get information out of the iraqies...DOESENT LOOK LIKE IT TO ME........., "hey lets pile up 15 iraqis on top of each other and stand behind them and smile so we can get information.." or "hey lets make this guy masterbait infront of everyone so we can get information" wtf are u talking about?, their gettin information from raping iraqi woman..?....first they go INSIDE their country...and bomb the **** out of it...take oil and then abuse and rape them and kill in some cases. how would u like it someone came into america and did the same thing?, ya EXACTLY, so dont even compare this to 9/11 cuz im 90% sure that iraq had NOTHING WHATSEOVER to do with 9/11...bush wants oil and money...and wants to finish off what his daddy dident, thats all he wants, and by doing so, he is destroying ur economy, if i could vote next election...it wouldent be for him

16. May 17, 2004 #15
    MooberryMarz, I completely relate since it makes my blood boil also. Such violation of anyone against their will really deserves strict punishment in my personal opinion. Castration would be my method if I encountered a rapist. But thats just my opinion. However, besides my emotional attachment to such issues I have to neglect them and look at everything in the long run and within an extended timeline. What is best for society on both sides that would be benificial for both of the societies.
    Taking lessons from the past and applying them to today is the only way a society can progress instead of continuing the loops of mistakes over time. So, learn from the Brits and abandon this colony/nation that the US has free'd from a dictator instead of becoming an occupying dictator. The loss of life on both sides has to stop along with either sides war crimes. So the most logical way to make that happen and most benificial for both sides in the long run is to abandon Iraq to themselves as the British abandoned the Colonies which then turned into the USA as we have it today.
    Anyway, just my input.
    -=|peace|=-

17. May 17, 2004 #16
    I don't care!
    I have no problem dividing the world into people I like and people I don't. Screw with the people I like and I'll kick you in the testicles, period. Iraqis shooting at Allies, killing prisoners etc, get no mercy.
    So many of the people over there want me dead because I'm an American, I would have left them alone but now I can't. My country has been attacked and I won't let it happen again. Do I feel my life and the lives of people i like are more important than everyone else's? Yes. Does this make me selfish? Yes, but I don't care. Call me what ever you want it doesn't matter to me, but screw with some of the people in here or that I know and you better buy a cup. Go ahead, hurt Evo or jimmy p or Tsunami and a few others. I'll hunt you down and play Iraqi prisoner camp.

Last edited: May 17, 2004
  18. May 17, 2004 #17
    I'm sure there are people over there just like you who think the same thing and have rationalized the same way TribDog.
    Its your opinion and is right to you. A democrasy wouldn't function if it wasn't for people like you with varying opinions. The key is to take into account what is best for our nation in the long term instead of rationalizing off of emotions within a momentary perspective. You may not care now but the repercussions your children or childrens children may face because of your actions may be severe and something you would regret. That is the way to approach any situation.
    -=|peace|=-

19. May 17, 2004 #18

jimmy p

Gold Member

Uh Memnoch, I dont know if you have heard but the Brits are still in Iraq... in your last post on the other page, you are saying learn from us but we are still there. The only difference is the pictures of British soldiers abusing prisoners were faked by a tabloid newspaper.

And thanx tribdog for caring!! :biggrin:

20. May 17, 2004 #19
    The pictures I've seen appear to show the activities in a typical Copenhagen bathhouse on a dull Saturday night.

21. May 17, 2004 #20
    Tribdog, on a pragmatic level, I think the best way to protect our love ones is to make sure that we make no enemies for them, that they are surround by friends, that they are protected, looked after and cared for even in our absense. By allowing ourselves to be prey to our rage and by perpetuating violence, we are not just endangering our live and their lives, we are exposing the lives of our progeny to unnecessary and unfathomable risks.

At the end of the day, Tribdog, we all have our love ones, we all want the best for them, our sentiment, our feelings are the same, the pain and anger we feel for their sufferings are the same. We are all the same, there is no difference in us.

All for Peace.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?