1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IRC Physics Chat

1. Aug 29, 2004 #1
    is the IRC Physics Chat down? i went to #physics @ irc.sorcery.net and no one was there. did you guys move?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2004 #2
    i would like to know that, too.

i'm not such an irc-fan, but i tried to come into the room and only one man was inside (CrookedRain).
    did i make something wrong?

thanks

Soeren

4. Oct 7, 2004 #3
    what's the point of IRC when there's forums?

The most I've seen in there is 4 people =/

5. Oct 7, 2004 #4

graphic7

Gold Member

Well, IRC does allow for a more rapid discussion, as compared to posting and waiting another few minutes for a person to reply. IRC is real-time.

6. Oct 7, 2004 #5
    and it's the easiest way, if i have such "stupid" questions i'm afraid to post here...

but when you all have only seen such a few people in there, i maybe didn't do anything wrong with the irc-client.

greets
    Soeren

7. Oct 7, 2004 #6
    Do any of the moderators have any information regarding this?

I really do wish we had a large irc channel.

8. Oct 7, 2004 #7
    I agree, it would be very intresting to have. I think a bigger effort should be made to promote it and keep it going since we have the large user base.

9. Nov 10, 2004 #8
    here is physics IRC: irc.freenode.net -> physics

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?