Iris and contact lenses

• Thread starter gracy
  • Start date
Are contact lenses worn on (fully cover)the iris?If yes,then can iris get damaged or at risk in any way while wearing contact lenses?And how iris function is being performed when contact lenses are put on them?

Answers and Replies

Doug Huffman
Gold Member
Contact lenses are worn on, touching, the sclera over the iris. There are risks associated with contact lens wear.

Likes Medicol
Contact lenses are worn on, touching, the sclera over the iris. There are risks associated with contact lens wear.
Can you please tell me what the part indicated is called in the image given below?

Can you please tell me what the part indicated is called in the image given below?

Sorry,my previous two post were just incomplete.
Can you please tell me what the part indicated in the image given below is called?

upload_2014-12-9_19-25-10.png

Can you please tell me what the part indicated in the image given above is called?Is it conjunctiva?Sorry for my last three post.I was not able to insert image correctly.

Doug Huffman
Gold Member
Yes, I believe palpebral conjunctiva. There is also ocular conjunctiva.

There is a reason that Gray's Anatomy is 1300 pages.

Yes, I believe palpebral conjunctiva.
Bulbar or ocular conjunctiva is present over sclera ,right?But my question is "is Bulbar or ocular conjunctiva transparent?Because nothing pinkish or of any other color appears on sclera except white surface which(white color)is of sclera .

Doug Huffman
Gold Member
"Hyperemia of the superficial blood vessels of the conjunctiva" is shown, the caption of the image.

"Hyperemia of the superficial blood vessels of the conjunctiva" is shown, the caption of the image.
But this is a kind of disease,Where can we see Bulbar or ocular conjunctiva in normal people.Is it transparent?

Doug Huffman
Gold Member
Look in your mirror. Buh-bye!