Are Contact Lenses Safe for Your Iris? A Look in the Mirror.

In summary, the conversation discusses the placement and potential risks of wearing contact lenses on the sclera over the iris. The parts of the eye, including the palpebral conjunctiva and bulbar/ocular conjunctiva, are also mentioned. The conversation also includes a link to an image showing hyperemia of the superficial blood vessels of the conjunctiva. The conversation ends with a suggestion to look in a mirror for reference.
gracy
Are contact lenses worn on (fully cover)the iris?If yes,then can iris get damaged or at risk in any way while wearing contact lenses?And how iris function is being performed when contact lenses are put on them?

Biology news on Phys.org
Contact lenses are worn on, touching, the sclera over the iris. There are risks associated with contact lens wear.

Likes Medicol
Doug Huffman said:
over the iris
You mean i was right.

Doug Huffman said:
Contact lenses are worn on, touching, the sclera over the iris. There are risks associated with contact lens wear.
Can you please tell me what the part indicated is called in the image given below?

gracy said:
Can you please tell me what the part indicated is called in the image given below?

Sorry,my previous two post were just incomplete.
Can you please tell me what the part indicated in the image given below is called?

upload_2014-12-9_19-25-10.png

Can you please tell me what the part indicated in the image given above is called?Is it conjunctiva?Sorry for my last three post.I was not able to insert image correctly.

Yes, I believe palpebral conjunctiva. There is also ocular conjunctiva.

There is a reason that Gray's Anatomy is 1300 pages.

Doug Huffman said:
Yes, I believe palpebral conjunctiva.
Bulbar or ocular conjunctiva is present over sclera ,right?But my question is "is Bulbar or ocular conjunctiva transparent?Because nothing pinkish or of any other color appears on sclera except white surface which(white color)is of sclera .

"Hyperemia of the superficial blood vessels of the conjunctiva" is shown, the caption of the image.

Doug Huffman said:
"Hyperemia of the superficial blood vessels of the conjunctiva" is shown, the caption of the image.
But this is a kind of disease,Where can we see Bulbar or ocular conjunctiva in normal people.Is it transparent?

Look in your mirror. Buh-bye!

Doug Huffman said:
Look in your mirror. Buh-bye!
Thanks for all your answers.

1. What is the difference between iris and contact lenses?

Iris lenses are cosmetic lenses that change the color or appearance of the iris, while contact lenses are medical devices used to correct vision.

2. Are iris lenses safe to wear?

Yes, as long as they are prescribed and used properly. It is important to follow the recommended wearing schedule and cleaning instructions to prevent any potential risks or infections.

3. How long can I wear iris lenses for?

The length of time you can wear iris lenses depends on the type of lens and your individual eyes. Some lenses are designed for daily wear and should be removed before sleeping, while others can be worn continuously for a certain period of time. It is important to consult with an eye care professional for the recommended wearing time.

4. Can I wear contact lenses with iris lenses?

It is not recommended to wear both contact lenses and iris lenses at the same time. The combination of the two can increase the risk of eye irritation and infection.

5. How do I choose the right color for my iris lenses?

The color of your iris lenses should complement your skin tone and hair color. It is also important to consider the natural color of your eyes and whether you want a subtle or dramatic change. It is best to consult with an eye care professional for assistance in choosing the right color.