1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Iron-rich spheres

1. Nov 18, 2009 #1
    Hi. Im having trouble finding sources to the information that i am seeking (sometimes you find really good phyisics/chemistry books through google).

Nm particles of iron 100 nm has the same melting point as iron in bulk. Is there any chemistry books online that shows why even small particles of iron must be heated up to 1500C in order to produce iron-rich spheres?. iron-rich spheres can only be produced by a very high temperature of 1500C even if the particles are very small, as i understand it. As i understand it, it is impossible to get iron-rich spheres from just heating metals with low temperatures of 500C...

So what i am looking for is some good sources or websites that explains all this, i am offcourse interested in hearing your comments also.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted