Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Dec 14, 2003 #1
    This is a message I received earlier whilst trying to look up some definitions:

vBulletin Message
    Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 30 seconds.

So what I want to know is this, is the above message considered to be what is known as ironicle? I blelieve it is ;)
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2003 #2
    uhh... You went completely over my head, what's ironic about that?
  4. Dec 14, 2003 #3
    Oops it looks like I posted when I was having one of those moments. You know of these moments. They are moments in time when your mind is racing and you are trying to find out some specific information. Well I just happened to be searching this forum at the same time as having my moment and this message popped up on the screen. I just thought it might be considered ironical that a discussion (this forum) has enforced limitations on it. Does the forum op not understand how quickly our minds work? One search every 30 seconds is a little slow don't you think? Especially when you are in the mood for it ;)
  5. Dec 14, 2003 #4
    Yeah, the brain does something like 3 trillion different things simeltaneously, 30 seconds per search is a bit slow.
  6. Dec 14, 2003 #5
    Ironicle I don't know, but you need to switch your mind set off being a user and on being an administrator. Searches are one of the most server intensive functions and they have the ability to be abused. So we set a 30 second interval that you must wait. It makes you want to search less and gives you time to think of a better keyword to search for.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?