Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IRS is 90 years old, a link to some interesting facts

1. Oct 5, 2003 #1

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Bear with me, the info is from cnn.com, but i found what it had to say interesting...perhaps living nearly 100 years ago wasn't so bad?

http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/02/pf/taxes/irs_birthday/index.htm?cnn=yes

at this rate, in another 100 years the United States government will have the tax rate extremely high and most likely with less social services for the citizens who fund it that we have today...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2003 #2
    There wouldn't be such a problem if there wasn't such a huge transfer of money from the poor to the rich, orchestrated by the government.

4. Oct 5, 2003 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Gee, I would have said the exact opposite.

5. Oct 5, 2003 #4
    That's because you are usually wrong. Swallowing right-wing lies doesn't make you a better right-winger, Russ...it just makes you wrong. :frown:

6. Oct 5, 2003 #5

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

did anyone read the information from the link? this wasn't a thread to pitch the left against the right...regardless of what side you are, you sill have to pay outrageous taxes compared to 90 years ago...

7. Oct 5, 2003 #6
    Outrageous taxes that are caused by spending that simply didn't exist 90 years ago. People rode buggys on dirt roads, remember?

8. Oct 5, 2003 #7

kat

OOPS! And I thought it had something to do with the fact that it took 5 administrators to oversee the installation of a lightbulb in a government facility! Darn! Wrong again?!

9. Oct 5, 2003 #8
    Would you care to make a little more sense?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?