News IRS is 90 years old, a link to some interesting facts

• Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Bear with me, the info is from cnn.com, but i found what it had to say interesting...perhaps living nearly 100 years ago wasn't so bad?

http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/02/pf/taxes/irs_birthday/index.htm?cnn=yes

at this rate, in another 100 years the United States government will have the tax rate extremely high and most likely with less social services for the citizens who fund it that we have today...

Zero

There wouldn't be such a problem if there wasn't such a huge transfer of money from the poor to the rich, orchestrated by the government.

russ_watters

Mentor
Originally posted by Zero
There wouldn't be such a problem if there wasn't such a huge transfer of money from the poor to the rich, orchestrated by the government.
Gee, I would have said the exact opposite.

Zero

Originally posted by russ_watters
Gee, I would have said the exact opposite.
That's because you are usually wrong. Swallowing right-wing lies doesn't make you a better right-winger, Russ...it just makes you wrong. :frown:

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
did anyone read the information from the link? this wasn't a thread to pitch the left against the right...regardless of what side you are, you sill have to pay outrageous taxes compared to 90 years ago...

Zero

Originally posted by Kerrie
did anyone read the information from the link? this wasn't a thread to pitch the left against the right...regardless of what side you are, you sill have to pay outrageous taxes compared to 90 years ago...
Outrageous taxes that are caused by spending that simply didn't exist 90 years ago. People rode buggys on dirt roads, remember?

kat

Originally posted by Zero
Outrageous taxes that are caused by spending that simply didn't exist 90 years ago. People rode buggys on dirt roads, remember?
OOPS! And I thought it had something to do with the fact that it took 5 administrators to oversee the installation of a lightbulb in a government facility! Darn! Wrong again?!

Zero

Originally posted by kat
OOPS! And I thought it had something to do with the fact that it took 5 administrators to oversee the installation of a lightbulb in a government facility! Darn! Wrong again?!
Would you care to make a little more sense?