Is a thread best read backwards? (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Sometimes i find myself reading threads backwards (from the last post to the first). I do it mainly when i cant be bothered to read the first replies and want to skip to the real action.

Amazingly when i do this, i understand peoples points better and quicker than i would do otherwise!

Is a thread best read backwards?

The only reason I'm writing this is to move the number of posts above 1 so that it can be read backwards.

rcgldr

Homework Helper
So was the movie "Memento" your favorite?

dav2008

Bubble-Pipe Squirrel
Gold Member
!nalp ruoy deliof evah I

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
dav2008 said:
!nalp ruoy deliof evah I
Haha read backwards... literally - funny :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pengwuino

Gold Member
I can't be bothered reading the first posts so i dont care what this threads about

PIT2 said:
Sometimes i find myself reading threads backwards (from the last post to the first). I do it mainly when i cant be bothered to read the first replies and want to skip to the real action.

Amazingly when i do this, i understand peoples points better and quicker than i would do otherwise!

Is a thread best read backwards?
Actually, that can be true. In forums, it is not unusual to come across comments which seem to make no sense, such as mine :)
As the thread developes, often there is clarification on prior comments. Reading backwards, the original "non-sense" comment can become strikingly transformed into "sense"; an attribute not available by reading "forwards" one time.

Another curious aspect of reading forums "backwards" is that your mind challenges itself! That is, a last post comment to a previous post may not include actual reference to that previous post, so you mind say's "what's going-on here!" That can be quite stimulating.

Mk

I always read the thread killer's thread backwards. You can't read it forwards like Danger does. :tongue:

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving