1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is a thread best read backwards?

1. Jun 7, 2006 #1
    Sometimes i find myself reading threads backwards (from the last post to the first). I do it mainly when i cant be bothered to read the first replies and want to skip to the real action.

Amazingly when i do this, i understand peoples points better and quicker than i would do otherwise!

Is a thread best read backwards?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2006 #2
    The only reason I'm writing this is to move the number of posts above 1 so that it can be read backwards.

4. Jun 7, 2006 #3

rcgldr

Homework Helper

So was the movie "Memento" your favorite?

5. Jun 7, 2006 #4

dav2008

Gold Member

!nalp ruoy deliof evah I

6. Jun 7, 2006 #5

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Haha read backwards... literally - funny :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  7. Jun 7, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I can't be bothered reading the first posts so i dont care what this threads about

8. Jun 7, 2006 #7
    Actually, that can be true. In forums, it is not unusual to come across comments which seem to make no sense, such as mine :)
    As the thread developes, often there is clarification on prior comments. Reading backwards, the original "non-sense" comment can become strikingly transformed into "sense"; an attribute not available by reading "forwards" one time.

Another curious aspect of reading forums "backwards" is that your mind challenges itself! That is, a last post comment to a previous post may not include actual reference to that previous post, so you mind say's "what's going-on here!" That can be quite stimulating.

9. Jun 7, 2006 #8

Mk

I always read the thread killer's thread backwards. You can't read it forwards like Danger does. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?