Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is Bush Pelosi's new boy?

1. Nov 12, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Will Pelosi force Bush to play ball by holding a shotgun to his head - a shotgun loaded with subpoenas?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2006 #2

Gold Member

I hope not. The subpoenas should be prepared already, and ready to serve with the new session of Congress. Withholding oversight of the Administration in return for the hopes of better behavior in the future simply validates Bush's past bad behavior. That is unacceptable.
  4. Nov 12, 2006 #3
    I'm hoping a good old Michigan boy (Congressman John Conyers Jr. -- D., Mich.) is gonna make some trouble... he's prepared. Dang... I always like Michigan guys, they're trouble in the best ways. :!!)
  5. Nov 13, 2006 #4
    You say 'new boy', but you want to say 'his biatchhhhhh' :rofl:
  6. Nov 13, 2006 #5

Gold Member

I love Maureen Dowd. She said this on Meet The Press... :rofl: :rofl:

"Well, I think that Bush is going to try to, at first, go back to his persona that he had in the Texas legislature of someone who could work with the other side. But I think it’s going to be very tough for him because he and Rummy and Cheney have basically had this “Who’s your daddy?” attitude to the world and the Congress, and they’re used to the executive branch getting more and more and more power. And now they have Nancy Pelosi saying to them, “Who’s your mommy?”"
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?