Is confidence a good thing?

• Thread starter Jamin2112
  • Start date
Mentalist
Re: Is "confidence" a good thing?

Sometimes people over-estimate their confidence in something and crumble from their delusion.
Other times people are either arrogant or mask their insecurity behind a veneer of confidence like someone mentioned.

Who knows what women are attracted to? I read in a study they were attracted to hormones of a man. This study was interesting as they gave the women different types of dirty clothing (i.e., the man didn't take a bath and was wearing the clothing for a few days), and the women attributed their attractions to the best "scent", of course they didn't know about smelling clothing that hadn't been washed or changed for a few days.

At this point, I don't care anymore about what women are attracted to. Either they like me or they don't. There is a lot of women and less men in the world. So who really has the upper-hand here?

People that lack confidence in some particular task are probably being honest with themselves.
That's what I was trying to get at.

As far as estimation of your own "awesomeness" goes, a thing which is completely independent of any competence in any field, I have observed that people who exude confidence are always much more attractive than people who seem fretful, or afflicted with low self esteem. They possess a kind of ontological solidity that stems from, as near as I can figure, not worrying much about anything. People like this may be well aware they're not particularly competent at anything, but they don't worry about that. They have a deep equanimity.
Would you like to be that type of person? I'm not sure I would.