Living with Uncertainty: Death and Tomorrow

In summary: To be a true believer of any religion, one must have a firm understanding of the concept of death.In summary, this person believes that tommorow is just as unknown as death is, and we should not be afraid of either.
tph666
When it comes to death I ask my self what is worse.Tomorrow or death,its hard to say death because we are not dead .

Physics news on Phys.org
im assuming that you want feedback of some sort.

It is hard to say tommorow because we are not in tommorow.
you just have a lot of notions on what death and tommorow will be, how can you be certain that anyone of those will happen if you have not experienced it yourself.

yep that's what I am saying

What if you die tomorrow?

Of course we will all die, but none of us will ever see tomorrow.

Dying may be bad, but being dead should be nothing to fear, (unless you go to hell or get reincarnated as a condemned chicken).

no that isn't what you said .You only said stated that for one of the possibilities, so for all purposes of conveying your ideas to the ppl on this forum, you only thought of one.

False Prophet--seeing tommorow depends on what your perspective is(and what your definition of tommorow is). i will(hopefully) see what happens tommorow. but when tommorow comes it turns into today and today is yesterday. but if i was thinking back on thinking forward i would be "in" tommorow. ( i hope that makes sense to other ppl)

Also you forgot about being reincarnated as a cow! Not only do you have a huge chance of being a cow that will some day, as the Simpsons put it "graduate from Bovine University" (for all of you non-simpson ppl that means coming out of the slaughter house), but you don't do anything you just stand there, and at night you get pushed over by little kids.

To tell you what i was thinking was that a person has lived to see tomorrow.Its a path we take everyday.Death is the unknown,or we just don't remeber dying.We all start the same way,and stop in the same way.What good is your life if you are worried about dying the whole time.Its going to happen,everyone who reads this everybody that took a breath of air.So don't spend your life worring about the afterlife.what ever happens is going to happen we can't stop it.I live my life the way i see fit.Everybody knows right from wrong,if you think that you must woshup somthing in life to save you after death that's your life,this is mine

i can see where you get your idea from but i still don't agree. i think that tommorow is has the same unknown properties as death does. but that is your opinion and i won't trash it. i just have a different one.

The immortal soul

An immortal soul has much more responsibility than a mortal one.

It is human nature to fear what is foreign. We might be fearful of leaving our home if we have never been outside; for the outside environment might hold something which is harmful to us. It is the response of the human body, to fear what is alien, because the body rejects the mention of suffering. If we are unsure of the contents of death, this fear will remain in our conscience. Only when we reach ultimate trust and comfort in our knowledge and understanding of death, will we live peacefully without fearing the notion of death. If we prepare ourselves for death as an eternal tranquility and completely assure ourselves of this, our human nature will allow us to be in reassurance of death. Similarly, if we are believers of eternal bliss in heaven, as well as eternal damnation in hell, we will live a life of slight hesitation, yet remain in control of our fear.

1. What is uncertainty and how does it relate to death?

Uncertainty refers to the state of not knowing what will happen in the future. When it comes to death, uncertainty refers to not knowing when, where, or how we will die. It is a natural part of life and can cause anxiety and fear.

2. How can living with uncertainty affect our mental health?

Living with uncertainty can have a significant impact on our mental health. It can lead to feelings of anxiety, fear, and stress. It can also cause us to constantly worry about the future and what may happen. It is important to find healthy ways to cope with uncertainty and manage our mental well-being.

3. Is it possible to overcome the fear of uncertainty?

Yes, it is possible to overcome the fear of uncertainty. It takes time and practice, but by learning to accept uncertainty and focus on the present moment, we can reduce our fear and anxiety. It can also be helpful to seek support from loved ones or a therapist.

4. How can we prepare for the uncertainty of death?

Preparing for the uncertainty of death can involve creating a will, making arrangements for end-of-life care, and having open discussions with loved ones about our wishes. It can also be helpful to reflect on our values and beliefs surrounding death and dying.

5. How does uncertainty impact our decision-making?

Uncertainty can make decision-making more challenging as we cannot predict the outcome of our choices. It can lead to indecisiveness and hesitation. However, by acknowledging and accepting that uncertainty is a part of life, we can make decisions with more confidence and adapt to any unexpected outcomes.