Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is global warming antropogenic?

1. Mar 21, 2005 #1

Des

I doubt it, can anybody back up their opinions with credible sources and/or reason's why they think global warming is, or isn't human caused?

I am interested in your opinions, that's why I am posting this topic.

Edit: 78 members and 558 guests and 213 spiders (whatever the hell those are) and 0 replies, thanks for the positive feedback, glad to know you show the least bit of interest in "your" earth.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2005 #2
    Relax Des,

This place is not renowned for it's heated Anthropogenic Global Warming debates. They die out all the time.

My idea, the current warming is partly fiction due to the underestimated Urban Heat Island Effect, partly natural due to solar activity and enforcing natural cycles like the Pacific Decadal Cycle, the North Atlantic Occilation etc and partly anthropogenic with the main culprit probably soot and haze. Finally, on the very last spot there may be a very small signal due to increased CO2 levels. Not too much, due to saturation effects.

4. Mar 24, 2005 #3

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to Physics Forums, Des. Check around the existing & older topics for many topics on Global Warming.

5. Mar 24, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.solcomhouse.com/metnoaa.htm

Mountains of this stuff is available from NOAA and similar sources.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  6. Mar 24, 2005 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://globalchange.gov/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?