Is Greiner's book series good?

In summary: I have also used the Quantum Mechanics book and found it very helpful. I also like the Thermodynamics book. I haven't used the other books in the series but I am sure they are good as well.
Joker93
Hello, I have used Greiner's "Quantum Mechanics: An introduction" and found it to be awesome, bridging the ga between undergraduate and graduate courses.
So, I am thinking of buying some of Greiner's book to use for my other courses and I wanted to ask you what your opinions about the books in that series are.
Also, does anybody know which books have many typos due to the translation?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, overall the books are good. The only nogo is that in one of the first volumes the ##\mathrm{i} c t## formalism in special relativity is used.

vanhees71 said:
Yes, overall the books are good. The only nogo is that in one of the first volumes the ##\mathrm{i} c t## formalism in special relativity is used.
I have used his Quantum Mechanics book(the introductory one) and found it very useful because i was using it in my introductory QM course and it has slightly more advanced mathematics than other standard introductory books(like Griffiths'). Are his other books like this also?
Also, I am thinking of buying his Thermodynamics book but I don't know how good it is compared to other popular thermodynamics textbooks(like Schroeder's or Pathria's). Did you use it?

My favorite volumes of the series are the ones "Quantum Mechanics - Symmetries" and "Field Quantization". The thermodynamics volume I use sometimes for reference. I don't know Schroeder of Pathria. My alltime favorite for introductory thermodynamics/stat. phys. (for me thermodynamics should be introduced as (quantum) stat. phys. anyway) is Vol. 5 by Landau&Lifshitz. It's incredibly modern although written a long time ago.

Likes Demystifier and Joker93
vanhees71 said:
My favorite volumes of the series are the ones "Quantum Mechanics - Symmetries" and "Field Quantization". The thermodynamics volume I use sometimes for reference. I don't know Schroeder of Pathria. My alltime favorite for introductory thermodynamics/stat. phys. (for me thermodynamics should be introduced as (quantum) stat. phys. anyway) is Vol. 5 by Landau&Lifshitz. It's incredibly modern although written a long time ago.
Thanks!

1. Is Greiner's book series scientifically accurate?

It depends on the specific book and topic being discussed. Some of Greiner's books may be based on solid scientific evidence and research, while others may contain more speculative or fictional elements.

2. Is Greiner's book series suitable for all ages?

Again, it depends on the specific book in question. Some of Greiner's books may be appropriate for younger readers, while others may contain mature themes or complex scientific concepts that may be better suited for older audiences.

3. Is Greiner's book series easy to understand for non-scientists?

Greiner's writing style may vary from book to book, but in general, he strives to make complex scientific concepts accessible to readers of all backgrounds. However, some prior knowledge or interest in the subject matter may be helpful.

4. How does Greiner's book series compare to other popular science books?

This is a subjective question, as different readers may have different preferences and opinions. However, Greiner's book series has received positive reviews and has been compared to other popular science authors such as Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Hawking.

5. Can I learn something new from Greiner's book series if I already have a strong background in science?

Yes, Greiner's book series covers a wide range of topics and may offer new perspectives or insights even for those with a strong scientific background. Additionally, his books often incorporate current research and developments in the field, keeping readers up-to-date on the latest advancements.