1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is high school chemistry required for computer science engineering college admission?

1. May 17, 2012 #1
    hey...can anybody help me out...Im an IB student and I wanted to know whether chemistry is required for computer science engineering or not?

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Re: Chemistry

Please elaborate, you question is so vague it doesn't make much sense to me.

4. May 23, 2012 #3

It is a straight forward question whether the universities require undergraduates to do some chemistry courses(in high school[11th and 12th grade]) for computer engineering or not?

5. May 23, 2012 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Each school has its own degree requirements. You'll have to check with the institution to find out.

6. May 23, 2012 #5

Most require a semester.

EDIT: Since thread title changed slightly. Most universities require a semester of college chemistry which normally requires high school chemistry.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  7. May 23, 2012 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Re: Is high school chemistry required for computer science engineering college admiss

(Moderator note -- I added to the thread title "Chemstry" to make it more descriptive of the thread content...)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook