• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Is high school chemistry required for computer science engineering college admission?

Main Question or Discussion Point

hey...can anybody help me out...Im an IB student and I wanted to know whether chemistry is required for computer science engineering or not?

Answers and Replies

Borek
Mentor

Please elaborate, you question is so vague it doesn't make much sense to me.

It is a straight forward question whether the universities require undergraduates to do some chemistry courses(in high school[11th and 12th grade]) for computer engineering or not?

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

It is a straight forward question whether the universities require undergraduates to do some chemistry courses(in high school[11th and 12th grade]) for computer engineering or not?
Each school has its own degree requirements. You'll have to check with the institution to find out.

Most require a semester.

EDIT: Since thread title changed slightly. Most universities require a semester of college chemistry which normally requires high school chemistry.

Last edited:
berkeman
Mentor

(Moderator note -- I added to the thread title "Chemstry" to make it more descriptive of the thread content...)