Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is Hillary Clinton anti-union?

1. Oct 30, 2005 #1

GENIERE

Science Advisor

Is Hillary Clinton anti-union?

It seems she was anti-union before she was pro-union.

“…And the Clintons depended on Wal-Mart's largesse not only for Hillary's regular payments as a board member but for travel expenses on Wal-Mart planes and for heavy campaign contributions to Bill's campaigns there and nationally. . .”

http://prorev.com/hillary.htm

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just a few comments in regard to this: 1) there's no assurance that just because she was on the board that she was anti-union; it's possible she was just outnumbered when it came to voting for unionization - copies of board meeting transcripts or minutes showing her comments during those meetings might help solidify or refute the argument, 2) there's the alternative possibility that she arrived at a pro-union stance after sitting on the board because of what she saw happening, 3) there's also the good possibility she's just a very good politician who manages to play both sides.

And my personal view is that if she's really anti-union, that would actually improve my opinion of her. I wish someone would have the guts to stand up and say they were anti-union, though we all know that would be political suicide given the strong influence unions still have.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?