1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is Hillary Clinton anti-union?

1. Oct 30, 2005 #1

GENIERE

Science Advisor

Is Hillary Clinton anti-union?

It seems she was anti-union before she was pro-union.

“…And the Clintons depended on Wal-Mart's largesse not only for Hillary's regular payments as a board member but for travel expenses on Wal-Mart planes and for heavy campaign contributions to Bill's campaigns there and nationally. . .”

http://prorev.com/hillary.htm

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just a few comments in regard to this: 1) there's no assurance that just because she was on the board that she was anti-union; it's possible she was just outnumbered when it came to voting for unionization - copies of board meeting transcripts or minutes showing her comments during those meetings might help solidify or refute the argument, 2) there's the alternative possibility that she arrived at a pro-union stance after sitting on the board because of what she saw happening, 3) there's also the good possibility she's just a very good politician who manages to play both sides.

And my personal view is that if she's really anti-union, that would actually improve my opinion of her. I wish someone would have the guts to stand up and say they were anti-union, though we all know that would be political suicide given the strong influence unions still have.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?