Submission to Classical and Quantum Gravity: Awaiting Decision After 1 Month

In summary, the speaker submitted a paper to the journal Classical and Quantum Gravity, which initially had a status of "awaiting referee reports" for one month. However, it has now been two weeks since the paper has been on the status of "awaiting decision," leading the speaker to question if this is a bad sign. The response is that a delay of two weeks is not uncommon and could be due to various reasons such as the editor being busy or on holiday. In the experience of the speaker, a few months between submission and final acceptance is normal, and anything less than six months is not unusual. Therefore, it is advised to not read too much into the current status and to continue working on other projects in the meantime.
PeteSampras
I submitt a paper to journal Classical and Quantum Gravity.

The status "awaiting referee reports" lasted one mont.

However, now , the paper is on status "awaiting decision" two weaks up to now. Is a ill signal the delayed on the status "awaiting decision"?

Physics news on Phys.org
I doesn't mean anything. Two weeks with the editors is not unusual.
It could simply be that the person who has this on his/her desk is too busy, on holiday, ill etc etc.

These things do take time; a few months between submission to final acceptance is nothing unusual.

Anything less than 6 months sounds normal in my experience.

There's no point in trying to read anything into something like this. The paper is awaiting a decision. Work on something else in the meantime.

1. What is the average time it takes for a submission to Classical and Quantum Gravity to receive a decision?

The average time for a submission to Classical and Quantum Gravity to receive a decision is typically around 1-3 months. However, this can vary depending on the complexity of the research and the workload of the journal's editorial team.

2. Can I check the status of my submission to Classical and Quantum Gravity?

Yes, you can check the status of your submission by logging into the journal's online submission system. This will allow you to see if your manuscript has been assigned to an editor, is undergoing peer review, or has received a decision.

3. What factors can affect the decision time for a submission to Classical and Quantum Gravity?

The decision time for a submission to Classical and Quantum Gravity can be affected by various factors, such as the number of submissions the journal is receiving, the complexity of the research, and the availability of peer reviewers. Additionally, if revisions are requested by the editor, this can also extend the decision time.

4. Can I request an expedited review for my submission to Classical and Quantum Gravity?

Yes, you can request an expedited review for your submission by contacting the journal's editorial team. However, this is typically only granted in exceptional circumstances, such as if the research is time-sensitive or has implications for public health.

5. What should I do if I haven't received a decision after 1 month?

If you haven't received a decision after 1 month, you can contact the journal's editorial team for an update on the status of your submission. It is also important to remember that the decision time can vary and it may take longer for your manuscript to undergo the peer review process.