1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it common(or practical) to be commited to two research projects as an undergrad

1. May 20, 2008 #1
    I'm only taken twelve hours of classes next semester and I want to focus on both astrophysics topics and a topic in condensed matter.

2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2008 #2
    I have done 15 hours in a semester and worked in three labs in a semester. I worked in an ultrasonics lab, at a particle accelerator, and in a AMO particle lab while taking a full course load. Its a lot of work, but doable. I don't think I would do it again but I was in my senior year and really needed to figure out what field I wanted to pursue in graduate studies so I took a lot on.
    Common, I don't know, but it is possible if maybe not practical.

4. May 20, 2008 #3
    Last semester I did 12 hours of classes, 3 hours of a research project counting for credit, and also worked as ta / la

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?