Checking Your Answer: Is it Correct or Not?

• Thread starter r-soy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help with a math problem, but not providing enough information for others to help them. The other person suggests posting the question and work together in one window, and also points out mistakes in the original answer provided. They then give an example of how to set up a formula to solve the problem.
r-soy
Hi all

I try to solve and i want checkmy answer

Attachments

• Q.JPG
    Q.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 398
  • 222a.JPG
    222a.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 352
Physics news on Phys.org
People will be more likely to help you out if you post the question and your work right in the text entry window. It's very difficult to have to open one window to see the problem, and then open another to see your work, but not be able to see the problem.

r-soy said:
Hi all

I try to solve and i want checkmy answer

I don't think your answers make any sense at all.

For #13 you state 79.23. Well, 79.23 months? days? years? seconds? Doing the calculation myself tells me that you've done something wrong here.

For #14 you say 43 years?? If he saves 32Rs/year for 43 years he would save well over 200Rs and that's not accounting for the +4 Rs/year.

Help me what wil i do ?

Setup some simple formula describing what they are doing.

For example, if you want to find the number of years it takes to save 200Rs given all the information in the problem, you could setup something like:

[tex]
32 + (32 + 4) + (32 + 4 + 4) + ... + (32 + 4N) = \sum_{n=0}^N (32 + 4n) = 200
[/tex]

and solve for N.

What is the purpose of checking your answer?

Checking your answer allows you to verify the accuracy of your work and identify any mistakes or errors.

How do I know if my answer is correct?

You can compare your answer to the expected result or solution, either by using a calculator or checking against a known answer key.

What are some common mistakes to look out for when checking my answer?

Some common mistakes include incorrect use of formulas or equations, incorrect units, and simple calculation errors such as addition or multiplication errors.

Should I check my answer more than once?

It is always a good idea to double-check your answer, especially if it is a complex calculation. It is also recommended to check your answer using a different method or approach to ensure accuracy.

What should I do if my answer is incorrect?

If your answer is incorrect, go back and review your work to identify where you made a mistake. Check your calculations and make sure you are using the correct formulas and units. If you are still unable to find the error, seek help from a colleague or instructor.