Is it me or is this really in Greek?

• Thread starter yxgao
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing a file that is in Greek instead of English. The speaker is having trouble reading the file and is unsure how to convert it to the proper format. Another participant in the conversation also confirms that the file is in Greek and suggests it may be because the writer is Greek.
yxgao
Is it me or is this really in Greek?

http://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/~sstef/docs/notes.pdf

I thought it was supposed to be in English but I'm having trouble reading this file! Does anyone know how to convert it into the propert format? I'm concerned that I don't have the proper font installe.d
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
yxgao said:

I thought it was supposed to be in English but I'm having trouble reading this file! Does anyone know how to convert it into the propert format? I'm concerned that I don't have the proper font installe.d
Thanks.

It surely is in Greek.Neogreek,actually.How did i figure that (i don't know a word in Dutch and i been living in Belgium for 2 months and a half,so Neogreek is completely strange to me,though a know of my fair share of words in Ancient Greek (especially the ones related to physics and mathematics)) out?Simple,in the second page,among all those Greek letters,the word "Volt" showed up.Had it been in Greek,it should have stated B(large beta,in Neogreek read "V") omicron lambda tau.

Daniel.

yxgao said:

Thanks.

No its really in greek, and i ahve no clue why.

franznietzsche said:
No its really in greek, and i ahve no clue why.
Perhaps because the guy who wrote it is, maybe, I dunno, GREEK? :tongue2:

1. What does the phrase "Is it me or is this really in Greek?" mean?

The phrase "Is it me or is this really in Greek?" is a commonly used expression to convey confusion or difficulty in understanding something. It suggests that the speaker is having trouble comprehending something, similar to how someone who does not speak Greek would struggle to understand something written or spoken in the language.

2. Is "Is it me or is this really in Greek?" a rhetorical question?

Yes, "Is it me or is this really in Greek?" is a rhetorical question. It is not meant to be answered, but rather to express a feeling or state of mind.

3. What is the origin of the phrase "Is it me or is this really in Greek?"

The origin of the phrase is not clear, but it is believed to have originated in the English language as a way to express confusion or difficulty in understanding something.

4. Can the phrase "Is it me or is this really in Greek?" be used in a literal sense?

No, the phrase is not meant to be taken literally. It is a figurative expression used to convey a feeling of confusion or difficulty in understanding something.

5. Is there a similar phrase in other languages to "Is it me or is this really in Greek?"

Yes, there are similar expressions in other languages, such as "It's all Greek to me" in English or "Das kommt mir Spanisch vor" in German. These phrases also convey confusion or difficulty in understanding something.