Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it ok to commit fraud if it's widespread?

1. Jul 31, 2013 #1
    If an employer offers you a deal to give you $400/month without needing you to do work for his/her institution, so you're getting money for doing nothing for him/her, would you accept that offer? do you think that there's anything morally wrong with this?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 31, 2013 #2

Borg

Gold Member

Sure, if you want to be part of a fraud investigation someday. :rolleyes:

4. Jul 31, 2013 #3
    Where I live, there's no fraud investigation for this kind of thing. The law is permissive and far less strict than US. I don't exaggerate if I told you that you can find an owner of a small business having his son's name registered as a worker in the institution to avoid employing real workers. The only thing he should pay is the social security of his son. Although the system knows that this kind of thing exists, they can't really control it because it has gone beyond the controllable area, let alone the fact that the system itself form the top of the government, the president, down to the lowest position is based and working on this idea; nepotism. I think that now you can deduce which government/country is this.

It's not like that I'm happy with the situation, but I should have asked my question within this context. So let me add to the question:

If an employer offers you a deal to give you $400/month without needing you to do work for his/her institution, so you're getting money for doing nothing for him/her, would you accept that offer? do you think that there's anything morally wrong with this? keep in mind that you're a person living under a system that's describe as above. How would you act?

5. Jul 31, 2013 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

If it's illegal then no, you should not do it, it doesn't matter if corruption is widespread. If something goes wrong, you, being at the bottom are more likely to be the one they go after.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook