Is it possible that the two bodies having same charge attract each other ?

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
This is extremely off-topic.
Yes, it would be better if you took those posts to private messages, but it's not that big a deal. Everyone starts somewhere!

Also, I wouldn't mind an answer to my previous post. Are we strictly talking about attraction due to the electromagnetic force from two like charged objects? Otherwise I don't think the term "attraction" applies if the objects are being forced together by something else.

Yes, it would be better if you took those posts to private messages, but it's not that big a deal. Everyone starts somewhere!

Also, I wouldn't mind an answer to my previous post. Are we strictly talking about attraction due to the electromagnetic force from two like charged objects? Otherwise I don't think the term "attraction" applies if the objects are being forced together by something else.

Is the answer to the question i have asked is "Yes or No" ?

Can the two bodies having same charge attract each other if one body possess greater charge than other ? According to me its no and i have the reason .

Whats your view ??

Please tell the answer and be cent percent sure .

You are in class 9th ??

and 14 years !

Hey I am also 14 years in class 10th .

Do classes in Australia start from 6 years or something ? :D
I am a ninth grade teacher here in the US. In ninth grade we learn that atoms have a bunch of positively charged protons in the nucleus and we ask what holds all these protons together. Now I did not read all the posts, mostly the silly ones, but I think that one, two or three, or even more positive protons will repel one positive proton with "electrostatic repulsion." Those protons will repel one other proton with about the same force over long distances such as the diameter of a Uranium nucleus as well as short distances of a few proton diameters.
But take three protons that are close to one other proton on the edge of the nucleus - say one proton's diameter separation. We wonder why that proton doesn't fly off. Here is where many disagree and maybe you will find my errors in thinking, but I think there is strong nuclear force (SNF) of attraction (not electronic attraction, but the strong force attraction) between the four protons. This SNF is strong over very short distances and weakens rapidly with increasing distance. The SNF is so strong that even though there are 92 other protons pushing that one proton away, the SNF with the 3 neighboring protons holds it from being ejected. Each of the 92 protons pushes away with the same amount of electronic repulsive force. The SNF of attraction must be very strong, strong enough to overcome all that repulsion. The Uranium nucleus may stay together due to this SNF from not only protons, but from over 140neutrons.
Now I wonder if you or anyone is going to say something like the protons do not have SNF for other protons, but only neutrons have the strong force for protons and for other neutrons. I am probaly not going to argue, because I really don't know.

Last edited:
Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
You are pretty much 100% correct Fun Value. The protons all repel each other due to the electromagnetic force from their positive charge. Each proton is bound by the Strong Force to other protons and neutrons.

You are pretty much 100% correct Fun Value. The protons all repel each other due to the electromagnetic force from their positive charge. Each proton is bound by the Strong Force to other protons and neutrons.

But will the two bodies say A with negative charge and B with 4 times of negative charge than A attract each other ??

YES/NO??
AND WHY??

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
I don't know if they aren't stationary, but if they are static then they will not because they both have a negative charge and will repel.

I don't know if they aren't stationary, but if they are static then they will not because they both have a negative charge and will repel.
Dude , those two bodies are stationary (ie A and B).

In my book it was written that those A and B will attract since the negative charge of B will repel the electrons of A as A is less negatively charged .

So in other extreme end of A , the deficiency of electrons will occur making that end positively charged and thus A and B will attract .

But according to me the two bodies will repel in flick of seconds before attraction can take place .

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Look at my post on the bottom of page 1 of this thread. I think that covers what you are talking about.