Is it possible to fund a part III course in Cambridge?

In summary, the person is a final year MPhys student in the UK and wants to attend the MASt Part III course in Cambridge for theoretical physics in order to pursue a PhD. They are concerned about funding as they may have missed the deadline. Suggestions for potential sources of funding include scholarships through the University of Cambridge or other organizations, contacting the department directly, and looking into other universities with similar courses.
grand_unifier
Hi,

I'm a final year MPhys student(not at Cambridge but in the UK) and I'd like to attend the MASt part III course in Cambridge for theoretical physics(I want to do a PhD in theoretical physics). I understand that I might be too late, but is there any way I can get funding for this course?

I think I'm sufficiently qualified at least to be considered. I'll probably have an average above first and I'm also working on a paper with a previous supervisor of mine.

I appreciate any help here as this is kind of an emergency.(I have ready conducted Cambridge but I think by the time they reply it will be too late)

Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, the deadline to apply for the MASt Part III course in Cambridge has already passed. However, you may still be able to apply for a scholarship through the University of Cambridge or other organizations such as the Royal Society or the European Research Council. You should also contact the department directly to see if they have any advice on sources of funding. Finally, you could look into other universities who offer similar courses and see what funding options they have available. Good luck!

1. Can I receive funding for a part III course at Cambridge?

Yes, funding is available for part III courses at Cambridge. However, it is highly competitive and not guaranteed.

2. What types of funding are available for part III courses at Cambridge?

There are various types of funding available, including scholarships, grants, and bursaries. Some are offered by the university itself, while others may come from external organizations.

3. How do I apply for funding for a part III course at Cambridge?

The application process for funding varies depending on the type of funding you are applying for. Some may require a separate application, while others may be included in your application for the part III course itself. It is important to carefully review the requirements and deadlines for each type of funding.

4. What are the eligibility criteria for funding for a part III course at Cambridge?

The eligibility criteria for funding may vary depending on the type of funding. Generally, factors such as academic merit, financial need, and field of study may be considered. It is important to carefully review the eligibility requirements for each type of funding.

5. Are there any tips for increasing my chances of receiving funding for a part III course at Cambridge?

Some tips for increasing your chances of receiving funding include applying early, carefully reviewing and following all application requirements, and showcasing your academic achievements and potential in your application. It may also be helpful to reach out to the university or external organizations for advice and guidance on the application process.