1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible to manipulate the magnetic field of protons to move its nucleus's place

Tags:
  1. Nov 25, 2014 #1
    as to manipulate its possition?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 25, 2014 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Google proton precession magnetometer

4. Nov 25, 2014 #3
    I.did and.found.it measures the collective spin on the. Magnetic field or a group of. I'm referring.to moving and atom. Non magnetic in nature by manipulating.the.magnetic.change.in the.atoms themself

5. Nov 25, 2014 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I think your period key is stuck.

I don't understand what you are asking.

6. Nov 25, 2014 #5
    Yes my period key is silly on this phone . I'm no scholar forgive the ignorance I'm asking if a molecule can be swayed.bye. manipulation of its inherent magnetic properties . Its protons and electrons

7. Nov 25, 2014 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Hm ... I don't know. Electrons certainly can be swayed by electromagnetic fields because they have a charge but molecules are neutral, even though made up of positive and negative charges, so I wouldn't think so. If I'm wrong I'm sure one of our more knowledgeable members will jump in with an explanation.

Your original question was about protons, now you are asking about molecules.

8. Nov 25, 2014 #7

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

You have started a number of threads about what can be done with magnetic fields.

Your best bet would be to get hold of a good textbook on electricity and magnetism (you could do worse than Purcell, but that's only one of many good ones), study it enough so that you understand what electrical and magnetic fields can and cannot do and how they interact with charged particles.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook