Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible to post diagrams multiple times? (move if needed)

1. Jul 22, 2011 #1

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I've got a few diagrams (on the twin paradox), that I'd like to repost occasionally. It seems that if I just post a link, people are less likely to look at them.

PF, however, complains that I've already uploaded the file. I can tweak it a bit, and re-upload it, but that seems anti-social (as in trying to get around the rules), as well as being annoying to do.

Finding the attach point reference from a previous post and putting that into the attachment list doesn't seem to work either, at least not the way I tried to do it.

I.e. I can post a link in the forums, like https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37080&stc=1&d=1310342900

or even

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37080&stc=1&d=1310342900"

But I can't attach it, at least not with that reference using "upload file from URL".

Is there some trick I'm missing on how to upload something once, and have it referred to and displayed in multiple posts? Or isn't it technically possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2011 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

attachment.php?attachmentid=37080&stc=1&d=1310342900.png
    I just included it as an image. Would that work for what you have in mind?

4. Jul 22, 2011 #3

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Exactly what I wanted to do - thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook