1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible?

1. Dec 21, 2006 #1
    To study for a M.B.A. in Accountancy, M.S. in Computer Science and Engineering, and a PH.D. Theoretical Physics/Physical Chemistry? And obtain those degrees? How long would it take?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2006 #2

Homework Helper

Why do you want to do all that?
  4. Dec 21, 2006 #3
    I wanna attend Ohio State University. :biggrin:
  5. Dec 21, 2006 #4
    I'm interested in all those areas.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  6. Dec 21, 2006 #5
    I don't know about the M.B.A part; however, I can state that I have a good number of graduate students in the physics department that have a masters in computer science or engineering working on their PH. D. But many of them went into the workforce for a period after their B.S. and Master's programs. If I were to roughly guess though, it would near 6-12 years, excluding your undergrad work.

Note that my number of years is based on the assumed average time frame of getting a masters: 2-3 years. PHD work, consitering from the background I am assuming to get the MBA and then the Masters in Computer Sci, will likly take awhile since you would need to do some remedial work at the graduate level.

But I guess if you really had all of the background done in your undergrad, it could be possible.

Hope this helps.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?