1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible

1. Dec 19, 2004 #1
    Now i really dont know much about the M theory so if i say anything stupid give me a break, now ive heard heard the theory that the big bang was the collision of 2 branes, 1 into the other. Now i can see this happening and being the cause of it and would imply it will keep happening, but ive also heard that a string can "morph" into a brane with enough energy, with even more energy these branes will expand. Now with the idea our universe is just a brane so to speak. Couldnt the big bang be the result of a string morphing into a brane, and with enough energy to keep expanding??? :surprised

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2004 #2

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's possible, at least in string theory. Then again, just about anything is possible in string theory. I am reluctant to entertain a stringy explanation of everything before it makes a testable explanation of anything.

4. Dec 20, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?