Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it possible

1. Dec 19, 2004 #1
    Now i really dont know much about the M theory so if i say anything stupid give me a break, now ive heard heard the theory that the big bang was the collision of 2 branes, 1 into the other. Now i can see this happening and being the cause of it and would imply it will keep happening, but ive also heard that a string can "morph" into a brane with enough energy, with even more energy these branes will expand. Now with the idea our universe is just a brane so to speak. Couldnt the big bang be the result of a string morphing into a brane, and with enough energy to keep expanding??? :surprised

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2004 #2

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

It's possible, at least in string theory. Then again, just about anything is possible in string theory. I am reluctant to entertain a stringy explanation of everything before it makes a testable explanation of anything.

4. Dec 20, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?