Is it really fun to shoot people?

• News
  • Thread starter Wardw
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fun
In summary: The rest of the animal kingdom either doesn't engage in warfare, has a very limited form of warfare, or uses warfare for something else.
dextercioby said:
I wouldn't have minded anyway,maybe someone else would...

Daniel.

Wouldn't have minded what?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know...You said and i quote:"never mind"...And i said i wouldn't have... :tongue2:

Daniel.

Okay... Look, how about... well. Hang on. I said - umm. Put it this way, just...

Doesn't matter :frown:

The question was not whether nice guys hit their wives, but whether guys who are "nice" in the way that SEALs are "nice" would be the type of people to hit their wives a few decades ago, and more specifically whether that one idiot would be that type of person. In my book, if you have a "killing machine" mode, you're not, strictly speaking, "nice."

Someone hit who?

(I thought this was guns or something).

What does job have to do with behavior at home...?I mean if I'm all day hooked up in some nasty equations,would that mean that,at the end of the day,i come home to my wife and tell her to cook me some Schrödinger's,coz if she doesn't,she'll get some Hamiltonians in her jaws...??

Daniel.

Hold on, hold on, hold on. I think the evolving flame here is a simple case of misunderstanding intent.

I don't think *anyone* is claiming that a person can be called truly "nice" if they abuse their spouse.

The whole point is that you can never know a person's true colors from their public persona. A guy might put on a "nice face" to the world then come back home and act the monster to the "little lady". And no one would be any the wiser, they would still *think* he was a nice guy. Even visits to the offender's home may not reveal much unless one is unusually intuitive, because wives tend to be so terrified of their abusers that they're forced to put on an act for "company".

Let's not get carried away with hurtful flames here.

A prejudiced idiot like the subject of this post is likely to be just as narrow-minded and non-empathetic when it comes to his wife.

as long as we have lots of these psychos i won't be drafted :D btw i don't think lobbying our congressmen does anything anymore.

Bartholomew said:
A prejudiced idiot like the subject of this post is likely to be just as narrow-minded and non-empathetic when it comes to his wife.
Precisely.
There are, however, some on this board who is too dumb to see that connection.

Hey! You could at least wait until I log off.

arildno said:
Precisely.
There are, however, some on this board who is too dumb to see that connection.

If you're going to make an acid remark,please use appropriate according between the subject & the verb... :yuck: Grammar & superior attitude don't go well together...

Daniel.

Shoot him! Someone test the proposition for god's sake!

dextercioby said:
If you're going to make an acid remark,please use appropriate according between the subject & the verb... :yuck: Grammar & superior attitude don't go well together...

Daniel.
Fair enough.

dextercioby said:
Okay,guys,i hate the tone of this DISGUSTING discussion.So stop insulting insulting each other.A warning from one of the mentors would be appropriate,if "your complex" brains don't get it...

And yes,ANIMALS slap their gf-s/wives.

Daniel.
Yep, I think this thread has run it's course. Let's all remember to calm down before we hit the "submit reply" button. I'll have no shootings over prepositions or lynchings for dangling participles. :grumpy: