Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it the motherboard?

1. Jun 17, 2007 #1
    Hi, after tens of successful repairs, I am having a very serious problem with my PC. When I turn it on, nothing happens, except that the cpu fan start rotation and suddenly stops and that the power led on front stays on. No beep at all is heard. The power supply is ruled out because I tried it on another computer. Do you think it might be the motherboard? It is ASUS. Thanx.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2007 #2
  4. Jun 17, 2007 #3
    I read that post carefully, but the symptoms were slightly different. Besides, the guy was sure it was a motherboard problem. I just want to be sure, because one has to think twice before replacing the motherboard.

5. Jun 17, 2007 #4
    You should give the board to authorized service personnel, then they can decide if they need to replace it or not. Something is probably frying on that board and it's taking out some of the components, leading to different problems.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?