Is it true that 'during' a nuclear reaction such as in our sun

Main Question or Discussion Point

Is it true that 'during' a nuclear reaction such as in our sun that there is a (period of time?) in which matter is in a state of chaos?

I ask for a reason. IF IT WERE SO that 'matter' was in a state of chaos, is there a period of time when that space-time cannot be defined as either matter nor as energy? If not, what is the name of that (state?). IF there were such a 'state', would it not 'exist' in places in the whole of (or other parts of) the universe? Does this account for any 'missing' mass?

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Originally posted by S = k log w
Is it true that 'during' a nuclear reaction such as in our sun that there is a (period of time?) in which matter is in a state of chaos?
What does it mean for matter to be in "a state of chaos?" Chaos theory deals with deterministic systems that are very sensitive to initial conditions. I can't even fathom how matter could be in "a state of chaos."
I ask for a reason. IF IT WERE SO that 'matter' was in a state of chaos, is there a period of time when that space-time cannot be defined as either matter nor as energy?
Spacetime is never defined as either matter or energy.
If not, what is the name of that (state?). IF there were such a 'state', would it not 'exist' in places in the whole of (or other parts of) the universe?
Are you reaching for the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle here?
Does this account for any 'missing' mass?
I don't believe so.

- Warren