1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it true that 'during' a nuclear reaction such as in our sun

1. Nov 4, 2003 #1
    Is it true that 'during' a nuclear reaction such as in our sun that there is a (period of time?) in which matter is in a state of chaos?

I ask for a reason. IF IT WERE SO that 'matter' was in a state of chaos, is there a period of time when that space-time cannot be defined as either matter nor as energy? If not, what is the name of that (state?). IF there were such a 'state', would it not 'exist' in places in the whole of (or other parts of) the universe? Does this account for any 'missing' mass?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2003 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Chaos

What does it mean for matter to be in "a state of chaos?" Chaos theory deals with deterministic systems that are very sensitive to initial conditions. I can't even fathom how matter could be in "a state of chaos."
    Spacetime is never defined as either matter or energy.
    Are you reaching for the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle here?
    I don't believe so.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?