Is LaTex Compatible with Blogging Platforms?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary: I'm not sure if this is because of a caching issue or something else, but it doesn't seem to work.In summary, Latex does not appear to work properly in blogs, and blog comments do not appear to work properly with LaTeX.
Saladsamurai
Maybe I am just stupid, but I am getting weird stuff back when I try to post latex in my blog.

Here is a screenshot of my preview after entering some very simple code:

blog.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
I vaguely remember someone in the past saying that it doesn't work, but take that with a grain of salt until you hear it from someone with authority.

LaTeX is enabled in blogs. It just looks like you have some sort of cache problem. It happens with the preview function in the forums ocassionally as well. Try refreshing a couple of times.

I had similar problems with LaTeX on forums. That was happening after the server move, not sure about the current situation - since problems started I haven't used LaTeX in my posts.

Well, I just tried it from a different computer and I got the exact same result for different code. That would eliminate the cache theory right?

It's funny...this does happen occasionally as Borek mentioned. Somehow Latex is linking the code that I just wrote to another code that I wrote about a month ago in another thread.

Vierd!

So I just read the link that robphy gave me and it appears that Latex is not available in blogs.

How come? Can we do something about that? :smile:

Saladsamurai said:
So I just read the link that robphy gave me and it appears that Latex is not available in blogs.

How come? Can we do something about that? :smile:

latex works in the blogs, the preview is just screwy

https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=790 [Broken]

Last edited:
Cools. Greg=-1 Good to know! :smile:

Weird, Greg's LaTex blog appears wrong here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?do=list [Broken]
I see

[tex]\sqrt{Gm/r}[/tex]

Also, LaTex does not appear to work properly in blog comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is LaTeX and how is it used in Blogs?

LaTeX is a typesetting system commonly used for writing scientific documents, including research papers, reports, and presentations. In Blogs, LaTeX can be used to write and format mathematical equations and expressions, making it a useful tool for bloggers who want to include complex mathematical content in their posts.

2. Can I use LaTeX in all blogging platforms?

No, not all blogging platforms support LaTeX. Some platforms, such as WordPress, have plugins or extensions that allow users to use LaTeX, while others may not have this feature at all. It is important to check the features and capabilities of a blogging platform before using LaTeX in your posts.

3. Do I need to have a background in coding to use LaTeX in Blogs?

While having some coding experience can be helpful, it is not necessary to have a background in coding to use LaTeX in Blogs. Many blogging platforms have user-friendly editors and plugins that make it easy to write and format equations using LaTeX.

4. Are there any limitations to using LaTeX in Blogs?

Some blogging platforms may have limitations on the use of LaTeX, such as the number of equations that can be included in a post or the specific commands and packages that are supported. It is important to familiarize yourself with the limitations of your chosen platform before using LaTeX in your posts.

5. Can I use LaTeX in all types of blog posts?

Yes, you can use LaTeX in any type of blog post, as long as your chosen platform supports it. Whether you are writing a scientific blog post, a tutorial, or a personal reflection, LaTeX can be a valuable tool for formatting and presenting mathematical content in a clear and professional manner.