Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is mass equivalent to energy?

1. Mar 19, 2004 #1
    Is mass equivalent to energy

Light wave is a effect of the vabration of atom's sphere time-space determined by the double-focus principle. Light wave is a serial time-space spherical wave. light wave carries curvature and kinetic energy, but not mass.Suppossition that light wave transfers a equivalent mass is wrong. So, the mass-energy formula created by Einstein is also wrong.

Energy is equivalent to the change in the curvature of time-space.

Reference: THING AND ITS LAW ( ISBN 1-58939-525-5), chapter 2,5, published by Virtualbookworm.com publishing.Inc.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 19, 2004 #2

Staff: Mentor

Huh? Well, the one part I understood clearly:
    It was unambiguously demonstrated to be correct in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1949.
  4. Mar 19, 2004 #3
    M is E is moving net.
  5. Mar 19, 2004 #4
    I'm wondering what "Thing" is and why we are even concerned about "It's Law".
  6. Mar 19, 2004 #5
    It's just a person spamming someone's book. :smile:
  7. Mar 19, 2004 #6
    I know, but it's a rather silly title!
  8. Mar 19, 2004 #7
    umm whats more about light, what is it's mass?

just fields? of energy?
  9. Mar 19, 2004 #8
    That is not true. Light does carry mass. And if one goes by the definition of mass where mass is the ratio of momentum to speed (aka "relativistic mass") then light has mass (although it has no proper mass).

You ask Is mass equivalent to energy? - Is mass equivalent to kinetic energy? Is height equivalent to gravitational potential energy?

I'd say they are related in that if you increase either the internal energy or the kinetic energy of a body then it's (relativistic) mass increases.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?