Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is my post counter stuck?

1. Dec 13, 2011 #1
    Seems like it's been at 47 for a long time. Also I'm not seeing the picture for my avatar. It's within the pixel and k byte limits.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2011 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Posting in certain areas of the forum (General Discussion) does not contribute to your post count. If it did, I think a few of us would have a million posts :P

4. Dec 13, 2011 #3

S_Happens

Gold Member

You also don't have an avatar, you have a profile picture. Avatars are one of the perks of being a PF Contributor.

The search function is pretty helpful for questions like these.

5. Dec 13, 2011 #4

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Posts in the https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34 [Broken] do not increase your count. Avatars are only for contributing members, what you have uploaded is a profile picture which anyone can have. Once you have an avatar you can set it separately, it could be the same picture as your profile or different.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  6. Dec 13, 2011 #5
    thanks for the quick reply. But I don't see my profile picture. Or is that only visible on my profile page?

7. Dec 13, 2011 #6

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Yes, it is only visibly on your profile page.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook