Is PF Back?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: Zz.Welcome back! :tongue:Both web browser (Firefox and IE) on my computer are not showing the skin properly. Alot of line and borders are missing from the normal skin. Am I the only gettting this? It was fine when I logged in last night but everything went wrong this morning.Nope, you're not the only one. I'm getting that too.Strangely enough, this morning, I was viewing PF using Firefox but on the Mac Powerbook, and it looked fine. Now I'm at work on Windows using Firefox, and I'm getting what you are seeing.I'm on Windows XP, if it's of
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Was the brain transplant surgery successful? That was certainly a very long one!

:)

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Addict.

- Warren

chroot said:
Addict.

- Warren

Oh chroot dear, everyone who has ever read the Disney thread is laughing their rear end off right now reading that comment of yours about me!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Was the brain transplant surgery successful? That was certainly a very long one!

It's half done, we're using the database on the new server which is the most important part, but the files are still being taken from the old server. Once the DNS update propogates around the world it will take the new server files. Everything should be complete within 24h.

Would that explain why it feels excruciatingly slow at the moment?

Zz.

Don't worry Zz, we'll get you to the methadone clinic stat.

- Warren

ZapperZ said:
Would that explain why it feels excruciatingly slow at the moment?

Zz.

Yeah, the database is in New York and the files are in Montana lol

It looks like we're not out of the woods. I can't get to the main list of the forums. It's giving me a fatal error message:

Fatal error: file_put_contents cannot write in file. in /includes/init.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 91

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
It looks like we're not out of the woods. I can't get to the main list of the forums. It's giving me a fatal error message:

Fatal error: file_put_contents cannot write in file. in /includes/init.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 91

Zz.

Thanks a good thing... well sort of. That means where you are the DNS has updated. Unfortunately I have to wait till it updates by me to fix it.

I guess I picked a good day to be too busy to check in much. I did try peeking in around dinner time and got that same error Zz got, but I'm glad to see everything is working again now. :biggrin: It must have been down a really long time...there are hardly any new posts in GD! That forum is always filled with new posts if I'm not on all day long!

Moonbear said:
I did try peeking in around dinner time and got that same error Zz got, but I'm glad to see everything is working again now.

I'm still getting it.

Ivan Seeking said:
I'm still getting it.
Well, it's still dinner time there. :tongue:

Me too. I didn't know Florida was that far from WV. Wait, which way is it going? :buggrin:

How quiet! I'm feeling like I'm in a ghost town. :cool:

Okay, now I'm getting the same error as ZZ.

I was getting that error for hours. Just a few minutes ago I decided to see what would happen if I checked the Google cache and found I could get in here through that.

---edit---
Ok apparently I am still getting it at the front page too. I guess I'll have to find another way around for a bit.

I can't get to the main page!

Ladies and Gents, we are back! not too bad. let me know if anything doesn't work, seems slow or whatever :smile:

The connection speed is as usual.

Both web browser (Firefox and IE) on my computer are not showing the skin properly. Alot of line and borders are missing from the normal skin. Am I the only gettting this? It was fine when I logged in last night but everything went wrong this morning.

Welcome back!:tongue:
I see some 'whatever's, but I'm not sure if others see them too.

Edit: no, you're not. I also can't view Latex!

Last edited:
iansmith said:

Both web browser (Firefox and IE) on my computer are not showing the skin properly. Alot of line and borders are missing from the normal skin. Am I the only gettting this? It was fine when I logged in last night but everything went wrong this morning.

The skin is not showing up properly for me as well. I'm using firefox.

Last edited:
Everything looks ok to me now, but jeez, that was a long hour - I was getting just an error message until this morning.

iansmith said:

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm getting that too.

Strangely enough, this morning, I was viewing PF using Firefox but on the Mac Powerbook, and it looked fine. Now I'm at work on Windows using Firefox, and I'm getting what you are seeing.

Zz.

Last edited:
Skin problems here too.

Good, I thought something was wrong with my settings. It's very annoying for the eyes.

I'm on Windows XP, if it's of any importance.

Gokul43201 said:
Skin problems here too.

Have you tried some moisturizers, Gokul?

<runs and hides>

Zz.

A couple of hours ago, I was sure I had somehow destroyed PF due to the strange error message I got.
Fortunately, it seems, I don't have the power to do that, and that is perhaps for the best.

Had skin problems at home, went to work - no skin problems.

I don't know whether the difference was the intervening 25 minutes, or something else.

Regards,
George

Last night, from home, things appeared OK (except for Latex not displaying!). But this morning, at work, the skin is all messed up. :cry:

I`m experiencing skin issues too.

No table borders and the drop downs under the title banner don`t look right!

Firefox in Linux & Unix skin ok, in Windows not. Hmmm - surprising :wink: .

Hooray! The skin at my end is back to normal now! :)

(Er.. somehow, that statement didn't come out quite right).

Zz.

I am just north of DocAl, and using Windows XP with IE6 on a laptop, the Prime skin is normal, but using a desktop PC with Win2K + IE6, the skin is using the browser settings :yuck:, not the PF Prime settings.

How long before we get our latex back? :D