1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is physics same as technology

1. Jan 5, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

http://imgwe.com/accessbee/27/1.png [Broken]Hi[/URL] I'm new here. Wanted to ask is physics related to studying technology also?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2010 #2

Oddbio

Gold Member

Not necessarily. Physics is the study of the natural world, which includes but is not limited to technology. Additionally, the topic of technology itself is extremely broad, but I assume what you refer to by "technology" are things like cars, computers, televisions, ipods, airplanes etc.. am I right?
    If that is what you are asking about then the area of science that you might want to look at is, I believe, Engineering, although as I said, all of that is contained within physics just at a more fundamental level which might not be readily applicable to such things.
    I'm always surprised at how many people don't know what Physics actually is, and it's always hard to give a definition of it lol. I hope I did ok.
    But really, you should try and get a better understanding yourself of what it is, try googling it.
    First link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics

4. Jan 5, 2010 #3
    I totally understand. It's just that it's hard to understand when you don't know alot of things and I tend to mix the word physics with many other things. Thanks.

5. Jan 5, 2010 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Technology is a applied Engineering.
    Engineering is applied Physics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook