Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is QED a good book?

1. Oct 28, 2004 #1
    is QED a good book? i was originally looking at three roads to quantum gravity, but on amazon.com someone said qed was better. are they both on the same topic? if anyone has any insight i would appreciate it.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2004 #2

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

QED is an excellent book. I think everyone who is interested in quantum mechanics should get it. Those books are not at all about the same topic. Feynman's book is mostly about the properties of light. (QED is the theory about electrons, positrons and photons). I don't think it mentions gravity at all.

4. Oct 29, 2004 #3
    I just finished QED ... excellent book for non-phycisists.

Speaking of which, can anyone recommend a good follow-up book on the subject?

5. Oct 29, 2004 #4
    in reading the back and very little of the prologue, three roads to quantum gravity appears to attempt to find a link between quantum mechanics and relativity, or at least pose the problem and information. i may have to check qed out at the library

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?