Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is summertime here yet?

1. Mar 26, 2006 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

or not yet? at least here in Europe it is :biggrin: which means I have to get up extra early tomorrow :frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2006 #2
    How can it be Summer if I see snow on the ground every time I get up in the morning???

-Dan

4. Mar 26, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The snow has melted here, but it's cold.

5. Mar 26, 2006 #4
    I hate summer. Where's the fog and the ice sculptures?

6. Mar 26, 2006 #5
    Ah! Global warming! Global Warming!

7. Mar 26, 2006 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

So far it has rained every day here :grumpy:

8. Mar 26, 2006 #7
    It's been summer all winter here.

9. Mar 26, 2006 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

Git. Just rub it in why dontcha?

10. Mar 26, 2006 #9
    Here it doesn't matter what time of year for what season it is.For example this week it was coled and raining everday and the week before it was warm and the week befroe that was cooled etc...
    I think Gobal warming is a worng term to use for this climate chage.I think Gobal whatever weather would be better

11. Mar 26, 2006 #10
    If you're going to be a wimp about winter you oughta move here like I did.

12. Mar 26, 2006 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

There wouldn't be enough room in your brush shelter for my ego and me, I would have to sleep outside. And then it would rain so I would be no better off.

13. Mar 26, 2006 #12
    I wasn't inviting you to the brush shelter. I assumed you knew you'd have to sleep under a bridge like all the other British expatriots and Irishmen here.

14. Mar 26, 2006 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

Comes to the same problem again though, my ego and me both wouldn't fit.

Bridges? BRIDGES? Gar, in my day we dreamed of sleeping under bridges! You zoobies are too soft on us Brits, I would give us a leaky paper bag and have done with it.

15. Mar 26, 2006 #14
    We've all lost our edge here from living the good life and don't have the will not to coddle foreigners anymore.

16. Mar 26, 2006 #15

jimmy p

Gold Member

It is a glorious reflection of modern life. Zoobies and British people living in perfect harmony. Gone are the days when you would run in terror with the local press posting stories in the Zoob Gazette about "human sightings" (claimed as crackpot theories). And within a few short years (only 143 days in each) there have been no wars. If only the rest of the world could get on like us.

17. Mar 26, 2006 #16
    We're a shining example to the world, yes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?