Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is the Bushco helping terrorist, making the US less safe

1. Apr 16, 2004 #1

amp

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2004 #2
    Amazing.
    "The United States has refused to allow the IAEA or other U.N. weapons inspectors into the country (Iraq)".
    What's the game ...?

4. Apr 16, 2004 #3

amp

Ain't that what Bushco accussed the Saddam regime of doing? Hmmm, I hate to think there is substance to ths report. If WMDs are 'Found' and it gets revealed that they were planted, there should be impeachment hearings.

5. Apr 16, 2004 #4
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15952-2004Apr15.html
    Meanwhile, Bush, in his news conference Tuesday, showed he was ready to raise the level of his play in this arena.

Bush found a way to make not one, not two, but three factual errors in a single 15-word sentence, which must be something of a world indoor record. Bush said it is still possible that inspectors will find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

"They could still be there. They could be hidden, like the 50 tons of mustard gas in a turkey farm," he said, referring to Libya's WMD disclosures last month.

The White House, according to Reuters, said the accurate figure was 23.6 metric tons or 26 tons, not 50. The stuff was found at various locations, not at a turkey farm. And there was no mustard gas on the farm at all, but unfilled chemical munitions.

Other than that, the sentence was spot on.

-----
    It's not over yet ...

6. Apr 16, 2004 #5

"Spot on", except the whole thing was a lie? Typical.

7. Apr 16, 2004 #6
    Yikes. Terrorists (or guerilla fighters whatever you want to call it) selling yellow cake to terrorists to finance the insurgency. F U B A R.

8. Apr 21, 2004 #7

amp

Yeah, So, how much safer are we now? The Bush admin said they were afraid of Iraq selling nuclear materials to terrorist which was a reasoning for the war. Now, they (the terrorists) can get it free!

9. Apr 21, 2004 #8
    Don't worry, the democrats have assured us that Iraq doesn't have any materials that are a threat to anyone. Plus, after the election, the democrats are going to negotiate with the terrorists so that they are not angry anymore. I think the Australians are going to help too.

10. Apr 21, 2004 #9

amp

Really? Assured us YOU say, can you provide any factual support for your opinion? LOL Are you one of the guys I once asserted Russto be?

11. Apr 22, 2004 #10
    Yes, here is your factual support:
    Sen. Kennedy has stated on numerous occasions that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction, and was not a threat to anyone. I am sure you are aware of Mr. Kennedy's reputation.

Am I one of the guys that you once asserted Russ to be? I don't know. What did you assert him to be?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  12. Apr 23, 2004 #11

amp

You know via conspiracy theory reasoning I half-jokingly reffered to him as a plant by the powers that be to disrupt political discourse on these boards (not only PH). Sen. K. appears to be right they didn't have WMDs but it was not denied I think that they had nuclear materials of the non-fissile type which I'm sure you know terrorist are just as eager to get their hands on, Saddam would have been a laughing stock if he imagined he could attact the U.S. with that kind of stuff. But it suits terrorist fine. :biggrin:

13. Apr 23, 2004 #12
    Senator John "flying squirrel" Kerry said on several occasions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, but that was before he was a candidate. When he decided to run for president, they evaporated. This is the kind of "flexibility" that I like to see in a politician.

14. Apr 23, 2004 #13

amp

And...? , Bushco had apparently semi-convinced many on Capitol Hill that Iraq had WMDs, furthermore, at that time (just after 9/11) (( I assume thats the time slot you'er refering to)) Bushco had polarized the the debate into YOU are FOR US or AGAINST US. If you were not on the boat you were labeled non-patriotic. Even you were fooled into thinking the WMDs were there.

15. Apr 23, 2004 #14
    So you're saying that the self proclaimed war criminal John Kerry is gullible, so it's not his fault? What is he, Forrest Gump?

16. Apr 23, 2004 #15

amp

Oh, your trying Kats tactic. Njorl answered that accusation. So, you admit the lies Bushco told had you going along with the rest.

17. Apr 23, 2004 #16
    I really can't tell if hughes johnson is a leftist satirizing the far right or an actual far right person.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2004
  18. Apr 24, 2004 #17
    The only lies that I've heard so far are from the self admitted war criminal John Kerry.

19. Apr 24, 2004 #18
    LOL, they're not mutually exclusive. Since I'm such a nice guy I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you.

20. Apr 25, 2004 #19

amp

I wonder what backups the Bush admin has in place to secure these probable sites. It appears that if there are reports of nuclear material then the location of the placement of such material should be known.

21. Apr 25, 2004 #20
    On topic, please?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?