Is the choice of engineering stable enough?

• Thread starter uberXjimmy
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hey I was wondering...
I have been thinking about the various career options before me and I have thought a lot about engineering. I know that the work I would be doing sounds cool at least how it's been described.
Yet I want to know somethings before I go further...

1. What aptitudes do you need to be an engineer that can not be learned ?
2. Is there a domiant personailty in engineering or are most people a mix ?
3.Is the choice of engineering stable enough? of course counting outsourcing of which I think the impact is unknown.

Thanks!
:smile:

Answers and Replies

Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
uberXjimmy said:
Hey I was wondering...
I have been thinking about the various career options before me and I have thought a lot about engineering. I know that the work I would be doing sounds cool at least how it's been described.
Yet I want to know somethings before I go further...

1. What aptitudes do you need to be an engineer that can not be learned ? NONE
2. Is there a domiant personailty in engineering or are most people a mix ?
I would say a mixture, but once graduated and working you will recognize an engineer from a mile away.
3.Is the choice of engineering stable enough? of course counting outsourcing of which I think the impact is unknown.
I don't understand this question.
Thanks!
:smile:

---------------------------

If you want to do engineering, you better enjoy Calculus and Physics, if thos two are something you genuinely like and have a nack for, its for you.

Regards,

Nenad

PerennialII
Science Advisor
Gold Member
uberXjimmy said:
Good people are always needed, would consider engineering one of the stable choices out there. Always a place typically somewhere nearby for a good engineer, wouldn't worry about this.