Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is the universal genius necessarily altruistic?

1. Feb 29, 2004 #1
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 29, 2004 #2
    HTTP 404 - File not found...

cookiemonster

4. Feb 29, 2004 #3
    "1.1 Intelligence quotient measures intelligence in the following fields : mathematics, sciences, philosophy and literature."

Within the first few lines I noticed this flaw. An alien species may consider philosophy and science to be the same or consider religion and maths to be the same. Or may consider the ability to to repeated tasks for their entire life as intelligence. This varies and intelligence requires a more varied and abstract definition. I assume that the rest of this argument is flawed as a result of this.

Reading fruther I have identified several other mistakes, such as the lack of proof for where these statements came from

4.1 If the intelligence quotient is higher than 150, we note a correlation between intelligence and culture. As if starting from this value the individual were to use an enriched intellectual substrate.

4.2 If the intelligence quotient is higher than 160, we note a correlation between intelligence and thought. As if starting from this value the individual could carry out face : speed of the intelligence and power of the thought.

4.3 If the intelligence quotient is higher than 176, we note a correlation between intelligence and discovery. As if starting from this value the individual tested the need for using his intelligence to discover.

I understand all of this, but when you start to come up with conclusions like

"4.3.2 The spirit of synthesis generates the need for creation."

"5.6 If the group reaches critical mass, then it becomes a place of creativity and discovery."

and

"5.7 From an ontological viewpoint, the memory of the group is self-similar. (in the sense of Mandelbrot)"

after I assume that one of your statements are correct without botherring to acquire evidence, I can only be worried that this entire article is using false facts in order to justify some sort of a peculiar motive.

Is there some sort of research bibliography for this article?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?