Is the universe expanding?

Don't link stuff that is irrelevant to the thread, please.
Sorry, I wanted to show you that I'm not ignorant as you think I am, this is why I gave the link for dark matter article evidences, that's all.
All the best.

Last edited:
Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
And radiation and matter are forms of energy.
Uh, no. That is NOT what you meant. Don't try to play word games.

You obviously did not read mine answers above, I never said anything about the higher dimensions, I actually think they are totally unnecessary-i was not talking about higher-dimension space, I was talking about space outside the universe, but not with higher dimensions-my apology for this misunderstanding.
I'm not misunderstanding you. I'm restating what has been explained already and making sure it is clear what we mean.

I don't dismiss it, but read shift does not really prove anything. Also, what do we actually see are the objects moving away from us, not the space itself.
Yes, you are dismissing it. This paragraph right here and the one I quoted earlier is proof of that. And as I've explained before, it doesnt matter whether its is space expanding and carrying objects away from other objects, or whether space is not something that can expand and it is simply the geometry of space causing objects to receded from each other. Both lead to the exact same observable effects. They are merely different interpretations of the same process. The math remains the same in both cases.

If the universe is truly infinite and everything happens inside of it than there is no outside, if entire universe was truly created in the big bang, than it expands in some outside space (and this could also be empty space/black void).
And without any higher dimensions.
All the best.
Please stop insisting this is correct. You simply do not know this. You can't even know this in principle.

Uh, no. That is NOT what you meant. Don't try to play word games.
Oh, yes, that's exactly what I meant about both radiation and matter, they are forms of energy, you're the one who plays with words, not me like saying there is nothing outside of the expanding universe-that is a true playing with words.

I'm not misunderstanding you. I'm restating what has been explained already and making sure it is clear what we mean.
Wrong because it was you who thought that i think about higher dimensions, not me.

Yes, you are dismissing it. This paragraph right here and the one I quoted earlier is proof of that. And as I've explained before, it doesnt matter whether its is space expanding and carrying objects away from other objects, or whether space is not something that can expand and it is simply the geometry of space causing objects to receded from each other. Both lead to the exact same observable effects. They are merely different interpretations of the same process. The math remains the same in both cases.
No, I'm not dismissing it, what makes you absolutely sure that these effects show this, it's double edged sword when we talk about something that we almost nothing know about.
This is why I said this:
"The reason why I'm saying this because the fact remains you see this universe now with red shift, and it will stay the same in static form for like a little less than million years-if the speed of expanding universe is truly correct 13 km/s in one million years, than we would have to wait that long to actually see the movement, and of course the red shift will change, but observing now with red shift and next several thousands of years nothing will change since the speed of expansion is too small."

You say that you observe expansion, but the fact is you can't observe any expansion because we're talking about 13 km/s in one million years, you would have to wait that long to actually see the real movement, the real expansion.

Please stop insisting this is correct. You simply do not know this. You can't even know this in principle.
We all know that there is no such thing as nothing outside the expanding universe (and this is a 100% proven fact), unless the universe itself is truly absolutely infinite/limitless/boundless, there is some (empty or not) space (like the dark/black void) that is outside the boundaries of expanding universe, and you know very well it is, but you simply refuse it because it is outside of detection/measurement reach and mathematical reach.
You cannot create something if you already don't have space that this something (like the big bang) exists in.

You cannot create something like the big bang in something that already does not have size and diameter (even though it's empty), these are basic rules of physics here (as well the basic rules whatever exists), 100% proven facts.
Zero size means it does not exist, so how can something that has size expand in something whose size is zero (which is another description for the sentence "there is nothing outside the universe")?
That is absolutely impossible, everybody knows this.

Zero size means it does not exist, because there is nothing that exists without size or whose size is zero, everything that exists has size inside or outside the universe.
Without size existence is not possible in any form, because everything that has existed, exists or will exist requires size.

If something has any kind of size-like the universe (no matter how big/large and no matter how small/tiny it is) it cannot exist in outside the universe since there is absolutely nothing outside the universe (there is not even space according to this wrong hypothesis).
It cannot expand or move anywhere if there is absolutely nothing spatial that enables it to move and expand in the first place.
All the best.

Last edited:
Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
It's obvious your goal here is to do nothing but press your own personal opinion upon others. Requesting this thread be locked.

It's obvious your goal here is to do nothing but press your own personal opinion upon others. Requesting this thread be locked.
Done. This forum is not for personal speculation.