Is the Universe Infinite or Does It Have a Center?

The universe could be like the surface of the balloon (curved but infinite and without center). In summary, there are differing opinions on the size of the universe, with some arguing it is infinite and others suggesting it is finite. However, even if it is finite, it does not necessarily have a center, as demonstrated by the analogy of the surface of a balloon.
medgalis
Hello, i have been watching documentaries and reading papers about the universe and I've noticed that there are many opinios on the size of the universe. Some say it's infinite and some say it's not. But if it's not, then it has to have a center. So my question is, is the universe infinite or does it have a center?

Space news on Phys.org
It isn't true that if it is finite it must have a center.

medgalis said:
Hello, i have been watching documentaries and reading papers about the universe and I've noticed that there are many opinios on the size of the universe. Some say it's infinite and some say it's not. But if it's not, then it has to have a center. So my question is, is the universe infinite or does it have a center?

Try this, might help

www.phinds.com/balloonanalogy

The SURFACE of the balloon is finite but does not have a center.

1. Is the universe really infinite?

The answer to this question is still unknown and is a subject of ongoing research and debate among scientists. Some theories suggest that the universe is infinite, while others propose that it may have a finite size.

2. How do scientists measure the size of the universe?

Scientists use various methods, such as observing the redshift of distant galaxies, to estimate the size of the observable universe. However, since we cannot observe beyond the observable universe, it is impossible to accurately measure the entire universe's size.

3. Can the universe expand forever?

According to the current scientific understanding, the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate. This suggests that it may continue to expand forever, but there is no way to know for sure at this time.

4. What is beyond the edge of the universe?

Since the universe is currently believed to be infinite, there is no edge or boundary. Therefore, it is not possible to know what is beyond the universe or if there is anything beyond it at all.

5. Is there any evidence for an infinite universe?

While there is no conclusive evidence for an infinite universe, there are several theories and observations that support the idea. These include the uniform distribution of matter in the universe, the lack of curvature in the observable universe, and the lack of a cosmic horizon.