Is there a cell phone with a call recorder?

• Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cell
In summary: My old cell had that feature, I used it quite a bit.I have the Sony Ericsson as well. You can actually record conversations, save them, send them to somebody else or even to your computer...Thank you guys for remembering to keep it legal.
KingNothing
This is a bit unrelated, but I think this should go in this section here. You are all pretty savvy on this forum, so I'm wondering if you all know of any cell phones which allow you to record entire conversations?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Isnt that illegal if you don't tell the person you are recording the conversation?

Thats why 1800 numbers say, "This call might be recorded"

Right. Do you know of any phones that do this?

You two are smart guys, but with all due respect I want to try not to turn this into a thread about laws. Please.

Well, if its illegal in any state, do you think a cell phone company would put out a product with this feature? -not likely.

http://www.tbotech.com/phonerecorders.htm

Its not a cell phone, but it will work with one.

Last edited:
who says there isn't a legit use for a feature like this

It can be considered wire tapping in some states.

My old cell had that feature, I used it quite a bit. It was a sony ericsson 750i

EDIT: So does my new phone. It's the LG enV. I'm also assuming that other new LG phones have this same feature.

Sony Ericson K700i

cyrusabdollahi said:
It can be considered wire tapping in some states.

but that's what I am saying, what if you were a journalist and you did phone interviews on your cell phone, obviously if you let the person know you're recording them its not wiretapping.

I have the Sony Ericsson as well. You can actually record conversations, save them, send them to somebody else or even to your computer...

Thank you guys for remembering to keep it legal.

I bought this phone in France actually. I am not sure what the laws there say about this. I think for personal use, you can record almost anything you want. Only for public display, or professional use generally speaking, you need agreement.

Quite frankly, this phone is a great phone, I was totally unaware of this specific feature when I bought it, I never used it, but I can imagine situations where it is quite useful to save and forward real information.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Well, if its illegal in any state, do you think a cell phone company would put out a product with this feature? -not likely.

http://www.tbotech.com/phonerecorders.htm

Its not a cell phone, but it will work with one.

Not many Mobile providers make handsets, so your point is kinda moot. In fact providers in Europe arent allowed to due to strict telecoms competition rules we have here. Although you were talking about the USA, non of your big providers are (any more--- think Lucent) making phones, or any telecoms hardware worth talking about. But I am not an expert in USA Telecoms, Evo probably knows more..

Last edited:
I had a phone that did this. I used it in customer support and other things. It was a sony ericsson z520a if I'm not mistaken.

1. What is a call recorder on a cell phone?

A call recorder on a cell phone is a feature that allows you to record phone conversations and save them as audio files on your device. It can be useful for recording important conversations or for personal or professional purposes.

2. Is it legal to use a call recorder on a cell phone?

The legality of using a call recorder on a cell phone varies depending on the country or state you are in. Some places require both parties to consent to the recording, while others only require one party to give consent. It is important to check your local laws and regulations before using a call recorder.

3. Can I use a call recorder on any cell phone?

Most modern smartphones have the capability to use a call recorder, but it may not be a built-in feature. You may need to download a call recording app from the app store to use this feature. It is important to check the compatibility of the app with your specific phone model.

4. Does using a call recorder affect call quality?

Using a call recorder should not affect the call quality as it only records the audio from the conversation. However, if the call recorder app is not of good quality, it may affect the overall performance of your phone, including call quality.

5. How do I access and manage my recorded calls?

The process of accessing and managing your recorded calls may vary depending on the call recording app you are using. Generally, you can find your recorded calls in the app's settings or in a separate folder in your phone's file manager. From there, you can listen to, delete, or share your recorded calls as needed.